Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-23-2015, 01:24 PM   #457
Rookie

Cman9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
I love when someone always compares it to the Pro Spirit game. Both games have their strength and weakness. I think that the Show animation is just as good.
You're crazy If you think the pitching animation is just as good on the show, I wish I could do a side by side comparison. I simply am saying that if they can capture that pitching animation on the ps3 then why is it so hard to instill this on a next-gen system? I agree both have their strength and weakness but to me the animations look old and robotic for pitching and hitting on the show. You can really notice it on slow-motion (show-motion) replays. Needs an upgrade.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #458
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Lighting looked great, albeit I thought 14 was just fine in that department. Player models still need up****** and jerseys still look stiff and plasticy. Grass texture looked like patchy turf. Skin/face textures still look lifeless as well as the eyes.

I think they've done a great job gradually adding in some animations here and there but I agree that there are still a lot of outdated ones that need to replaced. The baserunning animations most notably. The running style is so awkward. I feel like they could have a few different ones attributed to body type. That same pop fly animation where the fielder takes a couple steps to the left or right with one arm and awkwardly catches it. I want to see a guy waving to clear out the space and audibly hear him yelling "Mine" or "I got it". Another one is the transition animation between the batting stance and getting ready to hit the pitch where every player goes back to virtually the same position (although the Baez addition was a nice touch). Something about most of those aren't visually pleasing. For instance Starlin Castro drops the bat down before he goes to swing, or Jorge Soler sort of squats a little deeper and turns his front food inward. Rizzo tucks the bat down towards his waist and then explodes. I'm not saying we need one for every single player, just a little variety. Give us customization options.

Pitching animations are still meh. Best I can do to summarize a majority of the pitching animations is to just watch Jared Hughes in the Twitch feed. (32 min mark of the 2nd video) then watch this video: http://youtu.be/ThlrrP7ZnKQ (Sorry for the quality. Not many reliever highlights on YouTube lol) But in the game a majority of the motions feel sort of robotic and lifeless and the ball just kind of launches out of a pitchers hand. But then you compare it to that video of Hughes and real life and you can see that the torque, arm whip and body rotation is something that you can feel happening and understand why he throws so hard. Yes we see it happening in The Show and we know that he is throwing the ball, but the ball just kind of rockets out of his hand and we lose that connection to why he actually is throwing that hard. We don't get those other visual cues. The torque of his body, the hip roation etc. I want to see that captured in the pitching animations.

Sorry for the rambling. Just some thoughts. Keep making an amazing game guys.

Last edited by JODYE; 02-24-2015 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:50 PM   #459
MVP

OVR: 6
Post Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
I agree 100%! The radio show will add a new shine to the show, but no matter how many lines get added to pbp, I just think a new team would be great! I've said this so many times, but we need a guy with a different voice, and someone who can naturally bring excitement to his calls. Think Indians radio, Yanks radio, or Tigers radio man. When Jon Miller did the other game, I was actually excited when I hit a homer, because Miller made it special. He made you feel like it was a big moment. ps to all who are in Ny and Nj area, Sterling will be on 101.9 today at 10, and I'm going to call the show!!
Please retire Sterling and his sidekick! Seriously, Matt is good. I just think he needs more lines and the commentary needs to flow better like with NBA 2k15. Maybe that's why I've tired of Sterling to whom Yanks fans have been listening for years?
Old 02-23-2015, 03:13 PM   #460
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
yes.
madden and 2k hoops change the presentation looks just about yearly as do most tv networks.
I can't wait for the day when I see a fact sheet that says:
OVERHAULED PRESENTATION.

but what is this Dynamic Stat overlays [ps4 only] that was mentioned in the fact sheet..
See just food for thought and as an vague example its like the grounds crew clip at the end of the game from last gen that were once fresh and now just old .

So should they do something brand new and waste time on a cut scene ? or maybe just update it with a new overlay , angle or shirts to match the home teams colors ?

Now remember this is just an example but I think its all those little things and last gen animations that carried over from years ago that get so many people disappointed and un enthused presentation wise but thats just my two cents .
Old 02-23-2015, 03:18 PM   #461
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
See just food for thought and as an vague example its like the grounds crew clip at the end of the game from last gen that were once fresh and now just old .

So should they do something brand new and waste time on a cut scene ? or maybe just update it with a new overlay , angle or shirts to match the home teams colors ?

Now remember this is just an example but I think its all those little things and last gen animations that carried over from years ago that get so many people disappointed and un enthused presentation wise but thats just my two cents .
If you watched the stream the grounds crew had black shirts (always been red) and Pittsburgh was the home team, so there is a possibility the grounds crew shirts will match the team colors now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #462
Rookie

OVR: 3

As far as presentation goes, just going with fast motion replays would go a long way. Go fast motion until bat ball contact and the. Go 3/4 slow. Going slow for the whole replay seems less energetic.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #463
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndBase
As far as presentation goes, just going with fast motion replays would go a long way. Go fast motion until bat ball contact and the. Go 3/4 slow. Going slow for the whole replay seems less energetic.
Very good idea
Old 02-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #464
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndBase
This is something I left in my final CD feedback. It's not that it's the slow motion, as it is the magnification of flaws in animations and collisions you are exposing by slowing it down.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »