Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-23-2015, 01:37 AM   #441
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
MLB The Show "broadcast Presentation" has basically been stuck in neutral for the last 10 years!

I think speak for a whole lot of us here when I say for MLB 16 The Show the developers should make the "broadcast Presentation" feature the number 1 priority. This would include flashy new Stat overlays including new HR Stat Overlay popup and better in between inning due up Stat overlays, Beginning of game stadium fly ins showing fans walking into the gates and buying food, better commentary including announcing of the starting line ups for both teams. Maybe even pre and post game shows from a studio. And many new camera views like seen in that summer wind trailer. And like others have said adding a lot more Batter walk ups, swing motions, better non robotic pitching motions and brand new player models would really go a long way in making MLB The Show really feel fresh, different and new.

For me MLB 14 The Show is almost perfect except for one very very very big part of the game and that is the
"Presentation" with all the power that the PS4 has and seeing what that other baseball video game has done with it's Presentation on much less powerful game systems I just expect a lot more from the Presentation in MLB The show on the PS4.

My statements are just my feelings and maybe others and also to help the developers improve the game!
I support this message. This ad paid for by the show presentation fanatics caucus of America........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 02:31 AM   #442
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
MLB The Show "broadcast Presentation" has basically been stuck in neutral for the last 10 years!

I think speak for a whole lot of us here when I say for MLB 16 The Show the developers should make the "broadcast Presentation" feature the number 1 priority. This would include flashy new Stat overlays including new HR Stat Overlay popup and better in between inning due up Stat overlays, Beginning of game stadium fly ins showing fans walking into the gates and buying food, better commentary including announcing of the starting line ups for both teams. Maybe even pre and post game shows from a studio. And many new camera views like seen in that summer wind trailer. And like others have said adding a lot more Batter walk ups, swing motions, better non robotic pitching motions and brand new player models would really go a long way in making MLB The Show really feel fresh, different and new.

For me MLB 14 The Show is almost perfect except for one very very very big part of the game and that is the
"Presentation" with all the power that the PS4 has and seeing what that other baseball video game has done with it's Presentation on much less powerful game systems I just expect a lot more from the Presentation in MLB The show on the PS4.

My statements are just my feelings and maybe others and also to help the developers improve the game!
Too add onto this all new presentation and player models is a must to bring this to a current gen game level and as I mentioned last year this series should have new screen overlays and menu looks each season as it adds alot to keep things fresh .

As far as the stream goes lighting seems more refined before the sun goes down and really pops very nice but nighttime from what we saw before they fast forwarded looks the same with that same yellow hue so hopefully we can see more transition inning by inning next stream ? .

Many say the game looks the same as MLB 12 visually and animations wise and I kinda agree but fly ins , new player Models , announcing , animations and cool things like in the Summer wind trailer would probably help lessen those feelings as everything else is pretty solid .
Old 02-23-2015, 04:16 AM   #443
Rookie

Cman9's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I agree 100% with everything you said, especially the robotic pitcher batter animations. Look at pro yakyuu spirits 2014 on YouTube (See link below) and watch the pitcher-batter animation and ball movement after the pitch, that's the direction the show needs to go and this game would be 100X more fun to play, for me this is the #1 priority next year.

http://youtu.be/buxAxjFq_Vo Fast Forward to 2:00

Last edited by Cman9; 02-23-2015 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:57 AM   #444
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

When MLB 12 first introduced Broadcast Presentation I was so excited to see that they were making strives each year to revamp and freshen up the presentation experience but it seems like they have gone into neutral over the last 2 years in this department which is a real shame

Improvements to commentary is a step in the right direction and the score bug in 15 is a thing of beauty and made me so excited to see what other awesome new presentations were added but after seeing the video I was very disappointed to see that they basically recycled the broadcast presentation from 14 including the exact same intro and music which is a total letdown

Broadcast networks like ESPN, FOX and MLB Network revamp their broadcast presentation and intros every season to keep things fresh because they know that these things are important to viewers and the show should take the same approach for the gamers that like all the presentation bells and whistles of a broadcast to be new each year

At the very least we should be treated to a new broadcast intro every year
Old 02-23-2015, 07:12 AM   #445
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

^I would have to question you about FOX, I am pretty tired of seeing that football robot player. That thing has been there for years!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 08:53 AM   #446
MVP

I agree 100%! The radio show will add a new shine to the show, but no matter how many lines get added to pbp, I just think a new team would be great! I've said this so many times, but we need a guy with a different voice, and someone who can naturally bring excitement to his calls. Think Indians radio, Yanks radio, or Tigers radio man. When Jon Miller did the other game, I was actually excited when I hit a homer, because Miller made it special. He made you feel like it was a big moment. ps to all who are in Ny and Nj area, Sterling will be on 101.9 today at 10, and I'm going to call the show!!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #447
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
I agree 100%! The radio show will add a new shine to the show, but no matter how many lines get added to pbp, I just think a new team would be great! I've said this so many times, but we need a guy with a different voice, and someone who can naturally bring excitement to his calls. Think Indians radio, Yanks radio, or Tigers radio man. When Jon Miller did the other game, I was actually excited when I hit a homer, because Miller made it special. He made you feel like it was a big moment. ps to all who are in Ny and Nj area, Sterling will be on 101.9 today at 10, and I'm going to call the show!!
I don't foresee Matt going anywhere. There is way too much time and money invested in him. Matt has the ability to do this. The guy who used to do the script writing had his style and approach as Kirby will have his own style and visions as well. Just throwing new guys in does not fix the scripts.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #448
MVP

Very true! What they need to do, is tell Matt to totally be himself. If we get tv Matt in the show, it'll be amazing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »