Home

MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-20-2015, 10:19 PM   #329
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

That being said man, I do apologize for making seem like it was already confirmed, I did believe it already was, but after I tried to dig for the definitive answer, I couldn't find it. I'll concede that...
Old 02-20-2015, 11:24 PM   #330
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
This is the best I can give you without a purple named guy laying down the law.. (Also, just to mention here, since FPS and framerate is one of the last things to be optimized, NO ONE will know what's going on definitively with that until launch and retail copies hit our TV's.)
In a yearly franchise made on the same engine you can make some assumptions though. Last year the game was not 60 fps, it was in some spots (some batter walkups) and it was very obvious when it went from normal gameplay to smooth 60 fps and then back again.

So the floor for expectations should be last year and the ceiling would be a locked 1080p60 game. Depending on how well they optimize, with the new visual elements added in, I expect something in the middle of these two figures. The only thing that worries me is how the team repeatedly talks about working on the game until right before release and not just optimization going from what has been said in the recent live streams.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:00 AM   #331
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderCounselor
I'm personally not that interested in the Licensed Gear. It seems this stuff is really popular and important to younger crowds, and people who enjoy playing Tiger Woods Golf, NBA 2k, Madden, etc, but one of the things I always liked about MLB the Show is that it DIDN'T have the licensed gear-- it somehow seemed above it. But I get it. I just hope it stays mostly contained to the RTTS mode. I guess it increases the overall realism, but I think it also takes away from the the gameplay to be bombarded with Adverts.

I hope these adverts didn't take away development time from the online experience.
The licensed equipment will also give you money in franchise mode if you choose to add the ads.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2015, 04:23 PM   #332
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Locked 1080p/60FPS for all gameplay and cutscenes would arguably shoot to at or near the top of the "best new features" list lol. That would be huge for presentation/gameplay/immersion. Here's hoping the optimization process goes swimmingly.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:20 AM   #333
Rookie

BuckeyeBoyd's Arena

OVR: 3

I have a 42" 1080p 120 hz t.v., can't wait to see this on it!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #334
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Why are people talking about TV refresh rates? I haven't heard of a modern TV (since like the 1980s) that is not 60Hz.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #335
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Why are people talking about TV refresh rates? I haven't heard of a modern TV (since like the 1980s) that is not 60Hz.
I was thinking the same thing. I'd imagine any tv made in the last decade wouldn't have any issues.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 07:47 PM   #336
Rookie

ATTENTION EVERYONE: I made a twitter account with the hopes of voicing our desire for transferable rosters in MLB The Show. Follow the account here @TransfShowRost

Post with the hashtag in the bio, #GetTransferableRostersInTheShow15 and add @MLBTheShow so they see it

Hopefully we can get the hashtag trending and get it noticed by MLB The Show and their developers. It's worth a shot, hopefully others feel the same way.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »