Home

MLB 15 The Show: Recapping the First Full Game Stream (Pirates vs. Cubs)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Recapping the First Full Game Stream (Pirates vs. Cubs) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #17
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Recapping the First Full Game Stream (Pirates vs. Cubs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
I also didn't see an option to view the boxscore after simming the game from the Franchise menu.
I presume you still can after hitting X.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:25 PM   #18
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

OVR: 0

In my experience with the show, low pitches sometimes barely out of the strikezone end up being in the dirt especially on 3rd strikes, overall the game looks super fun to play, the one thing i didn't like about the stream was when they talked about parity across ps4, ps3 and ps vita, i just dont understand why?
Old 02-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #19
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Yankees
In my experience with the show, low pitches sometimes barely out of the strikezone end up being in the dirt especially on 3rd strikes, overall the game looks super fun to play, the one thing i didn't like about the stream was when they talked about parity across ps4, ps3 and ps vita, i just dont understand why?
They did say they like to keep feature parity when they can. I don't think they're holding anything back on PS4 for the sake of PS3 and Vita. I do hope that devs for all games start focusing on the new gen much more. Seems like most of the ceilings have been reached on last gen consoles.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:37 PM   #20
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

One more question if anyone knows, in the stream they talked about a new format for homerun derby, but i think they forgot about it so does anyone know what the new homerun derby will be like this year?
Old 02-21-2015, 03:29 PM   #21
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Yankees
One more question if anyone knows, in the stream they talked about a new format for homerun derby, but i think they forgot about it so does anyone know what the new homerun derby will be like this year?
See fact sheet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2015, 06:17 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Interface
• You can now check your pitcher's energy while you are batting by pressing the d-pad. This will make it easier to decide whether or not to pinch-hit for a tired pitcher

You know one thing I wish they would do instead of just having an energy number would be to take something from an old game I used to play called Earl Weaver Baseball. To get an idea, beyond performance, of how a pitcher was doing you would do a mound visit. A window would pop up and you'd get a line from both the pitcher and catcher about how they felt. For example one I remember vividly. Pitcher: Arm Feels great. Catcher: He's got good stuff. But sometimes you'd get the pitcher saying he could fight through and the catcher saying he was done. It was really cool without just breaking it down to a number.

I would enjoy something like that a little more ambiguous. You would likely be able to check it while batting because the pitcher would be in the dugout.

Looking forward to this game on the PS4 this year. My first Show on the PS4.

Only thing I wish is you could pinch head ahead of time, am I correct in saying that you can can't pinch hit hafway through a AB? well on the Show I have always been able to pinch hit someone that might be 0-2 in the count and bring someone else in, that play I pretty sure is illegal to do
Old 02-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #23
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
Only thing I wish is you could pinch head ahead of time, am I correct in saying that you can can't pinch hit hafway through a AB? well on the Show I have always been able to pinch hit someone that might be 0-2 in the count and bring someone else in, that play I pretty sure is illegal to do
You can bring in a pinch hitter at any time of an at-bat....IRL as well as in the Show.

I do wish we could queue up our pinch hitters like we can a RP.....

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You can bring in a pinch hitter at any time of an at-bat....IRL as well as in the Show.

I do wish we could queue up our pinch hitters like we can a RP.....

M.K.
Knight165

I didn't know that I thought only if a player was injured.. but a RP must face 1 batter though right?

yeah that's where I was getting at too I wish we could queue up pinch hitting and a messages comes up saying are you still sure. in case you change your mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »