Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-20-2015, 09:25 PM   #337
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
I can't speak for the Splash Hits Counter at AT&T, but the Bucco Blast Counter counts Pirate home runs (obviously home runs hit at PNC by the Pirates)
LOL...I re-read my post when you quoted it and I made it sound as though I hit homeruns into the waters at PNC. I'm good but not that good...

Did the Bucco Blast Counter work correctly last year? I honestly don't believe it did, nor did the Splash Counter at AT&T.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-20-2015, 09:25 PM   #338
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yes, its a work in progress meaning that its worth pointing some things out now while its still being worked on in an effort to get them fixed, if possible.

--

In regards to the counters/splash hits, did they work properly in previous games? I actually don't remember them working properly. They weren't set at 0, but I hit/gave up homeruns into the waters of San Fran and PNC that weren't added to the counter. Granted I play as St.Louis so maybe I just think they didn't work?
I'm 99.9% sure the splash hits counter never worked at AT&T Park. I don't think it ever changed.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:26 PM   #339
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I'm 99.9% sure the splash hits counter never worked at AT&T Park. I don't think it ever changed.
Yeah, I don't ever remember it changing. And my bullpen gave up some monster blasts into the deep deep waters....

Hopefully it works this year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-20-2015, 09:33 PM   #340
Rookie

OVR: 8
I really enjoyed watching a full game. I'm looking forward to next week's stream as franchise is one mode I'm sure to hit. I also like the new start time...much friendlier to my schedule.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:07 PM   #341
Rookie

OVR: 3

Good lord: the exact same pregame, pre at-bat, post pitch, and post at-bat animations from last year (sorry, last 4 years), to the absolute letter? On a 2nd try on a next-gen system? Wow.

90% of this game on the field (in broadcast mode) is the pitcher batter animations - since they never cut to anything else - and they have been exactly the same (literally) since introduced in MLB 12. I mean you're talking 4 straight years with not one new animation (aside from a few notable batters having individual traits). That's just plain lazy.

What good reason does any long-term player have for playing this game in broadcast mode this year? To stare at the the exact same animations they've been seeing for 4 years straight? (And there's only like 30 of them anyway)

And then, if you're not gonna update the animations in 4 years, then at least have an option for continuous play with no cutscenes. Basically the pitcher catches the ball and resets in real time.

Oh well, another year of fast play, I guess. I love the show, but this franchise is officially stale and needs some healthy competition. Too many damn monopolies in sports gaming !!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 10:16 PM   #342
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I've seen a couple people mention (possibly in another thread, I can't find the posts) that you can now pinch hit for a batter before he comes to the plate? Anyone know where/when they show or talk about it? Or are people just talking about the thing they had in last year where you get prompted to bring in a pinch hitter when your pitcher is up late in the game?
That's for the P late in the game and yes its the same as last year.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:18 PM   #343
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie
Good lord: the exact same pregame, pre at-bat, post pitch, and post at-bat animations from last year (sorry, last 4 years), to the absolute letter? On a 2nd try on a next-gen system? Wow.

90% of this game on the field (in broadcast mode) is the pitcher batter animations - since they never cut to anything else - and they have been exactly the same (literally) since introduced in MLB 12. I mean you're talking 4 straight years with not one new animation (aside from a few notable batters having individual traits). That's just plain lazy.

What good reason does any long-term player have for playing this game in broadcast mode this year? To stare at the the exact same animations they've been seeing for 4 years straight? (And there's only like 30 of them anyway)

And then, if you're not gonna update the animations in 4 years, then at least have an option for continuous play with no cutscenes. Basically the pitcher catches the ball and resets in real time.

Oh well, another year of fast play, I guess. I love the show, but this franchise is officially stale and needs some healthy competition. Too many damn monopolies in sports gaming !!
Hopefully from now on when they get new batting stances, at the same time they motion capture the stances, they can motion capture pregame, pre at-bat, post pitch, and post at-bat animations for each stance so it'll be tied to each batting stance and it'll be representative of each player, like how they already have (or had, not sure) for Dustin Pedroia.

Although it might seem like a lot of work.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:21 PM   #344
Rookie

mrhenry209's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie

The two options for The Show devs at this point would be

1. Complete reset, with a brand new graphics engine, new player models, all-new stadiums, commentary, etc. As with 2k's reset for 2k7, this would mean few personalized animations with a focus on the graphics/presentation. Or...

2. Continue refining the game, adding in all the imaginable options, animations, personalizations, bells & whistles while the core game and graphics remain the same or slightly improved/refined.

Either way, the commentary and online play hold the game back from what has been expected--and executed--in other sports games on the last generation. While I am excited for and will purchase 15, I can only hope that they are taking a long look at both (especially commentary) for 16, as it has remained virtually unchanged since 06, with the simple addition of some lines and broadcasters. The interaction between them is non-existent, and for some reason they have not taken a look into mimicking what other sports games do with commentary to make it fluid, rather than hearing "[First name]...[last name]..........................is at the plate.........3 for 4 in the game today" every time.

Just my 2 cents, I apologize for the length, and a huge thanks to SCEA for entertaining us with these live looks!
NFL: Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »