Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #273
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_b
props to the developers, for their invaluable dedication to this title. To take time, to actually participate in this 'raw' stream, and actually make it available to the fanbase. Wow.

I equate MLB The Show franchise to a Porsche 911. While the model doesn't change drastically year to year, it instead is improved and refined each calendar year to the point of complete perfection, and has NO peer.

I only have 1 request: please bring back the organ music which was prevalent in MLB The Show 09, 10, and 11. Specifically, the organ music which would kick in when home team is batting during potential rallys. This makes for automatic excitement and instant atmosphere. At the minimum, will you please make the frequency of organ music an option (or slider adustment)?

thank you, again, SCEA-San Diego__
Great post vinny.....

Additional organ music, vendor and chatter talk between the players. This is also a way to avoid some
of the duplicate commentary that might happen at a particular points in the game.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:03 PM   #274
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Any camera angle updates for broadcast cam behind the pitcher? Do the angles originate from local broadcasts or national? The reason I bring this up is because Pirates local broadcasts use the dead center cam and it's the same old low, off-centered angle here on this livestream. Tampa Bay, St. Louis, and Minnesota use the dead center cam also. And Colorado's Root broadcast is adopting this same camera angle this season.

Just curious to know how these angles are chosen.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:06 PM   #275
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
This has been toned down a bit in 15, do to the slower reactions of the fielders across the board, as well as animation branching.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
There was a perfect example in the stream - pitcher takes a liner to the leg and is temporarily stunned. The 3rd baseman is unable to react fast enough to the sudden change in trajectory and eats the play.

Last year that is either a 5-3 or even a 1-3.

Edit:

Baez wore the air max mvp elite 1 and occasionally jordan 13's, I don't think either of those are in the game (the air max mvp elite 2 has a radically different design).

Last edited by seanjeezy; 02-20-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 03:09 PM   #276
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I noticed Cole loses hair as he's set to throw. Pre pitch selection he has his normal hair, once he selects his pitch and ready to throw, half of the hair disappears.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:16 PM   #277
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I noticed Cole loses hair as he's set to throw. Pre pitch selection he has his normal hair, once he selects his pitch and ready to throw, half of the hair disappears.
Yup, it's been like this since last year as well.

Players with long hair and long beards, lose it, or it looks really frizzy during actual gameplay animations, but then looks fine in close ups. It's like this in other sports video games too, so it's not only a Show problem.

Probably something to do with frame rate or something, but i don't know anything about that stuff, so i could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeds
Any camera angle updates for broadcast cam behind the pitcher? Do the angles originate from local broadcasts or national? The reason I bring this up is because Pirates local broadcasts use the dead center cam and it's the same old low, off-centered angle here on this livestream. Tampa Bay, St. Louis, and Minnesota use the dead center cam also. And Colorado's Root broadcast is adopting this same camera angle this season.

I'm curious about this too because I pitch and hit from the broadcast camera behind pitchers, because i like it to look exactly like real life, which is why i also get rid of any OSDs, other than the score bug. And that dead center cam that Minnesota uses is hideous in my opinion, but I haven't noticed any other broadcasts that use a similar camera angle like that, in real life or in the Show. But the Show has their broadcast cameras down pat it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Baez wore the air max mvp elite 1 and occasionally jordan 13's, I don't think either of those are in the game (the air max mvp elite 2 has a radically different design).
Any Nike shoes would be better than generics though, and Nike batting gloves as well.

Last edited by Factzzz; 02-20-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:26 PM   #278
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeds

Local broadcast. This was there camera at one point, that's where it came from. So you're saying it's changed in the last few years? If so, I would say it's an oversight by the team. I never liked pitching in PIT because of this camera angle, personally. You may be stuck with manually changing to one of the other teams broadcast cam (or custom cam) this year, but I think this is good info, going forward.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #279
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I feel like its hard to coment on how smooth the gameplay feels when you're not playing it for yourself. When you have the game in your hand I feel like you can feel the gameplay improvements and you will be seeing more animations and presentation aspects
I really don't think this can be overstated. I enjoy watching the streams, but never put too much stock into the gameplay because it seems drastically different (for the better) once I finally get the game and play it myself.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #280
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_p12
Sure, I think you could say if there was a competitor out there then the pressure to be the baseball market leader could lead to more radical changes and things to set them above the rest. That said, I think we are pretty lucky that The Show is as good as it is being that is has no competitors.

MLB the Show has competitors. It has every other video game in the market. TV, movies, real sports, the Internet, friendships, families, etc. They're all battling for the consumer's free time.

Obviously this is true for almost any game but if they don't make the new game fresh and exciting, if they don't hook consumers then consumers just won't buy it. They'll spend that time and money doing one of a million other things so SCEA has to keep pushing and improving. They don't have the benefit of the huge advertising budgets and massive brand recognition of annual titles like Madden or Call of Duty so they have to fight for every penny.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »