Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-20-2015, 10:26 AM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream Starting Now - Full Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
for some reason I got permanently banned from chatting, all I did was give a shout out to hustlinowl.
They banned you for that yet they didn't ban the person who kept saying "show Comerica Park" "can you show Comercia Park?" "Enough with this ballpark, show Comerica Park" and repeated like 10 times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 10:33 AM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
In pictures it's dark because of the outfield lights and I don't necessarily blame them for comparing it to those views but to me it should look much more closer to what it looks like to those inside the stadium.

Here is what the city looks like when you are at a game (even with the outfield lights on):

This is somewhat misleading. They are bright because of the long exposure used, a must use and beautiful technique used in any sort of night photography.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:36 AM   #227
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Another thing about that picture is the background looks so bright, because the stadium lights look off (maybe they are actually off)... so the background looks much brighter... if the stadium lights we're on.... the background would be much more dramatically drowned out. Not saying dark per se, but darker... comparatively.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:03 AM   #228
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Is this the video about tattoos, office buildings, long sleeves, and permanent chalk?

I haven't watched yet. I've only read this thread.
I am beginning to think maybe this thread should be renamed as this years Little Things Thread.

The other thing I am thinking is that when this is the only stuff people have left to complain about that the developers must have then succeeded in making a great playing baseball game.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:13 AM   #229
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I am beginning to think maybe this thread should be renamed as this years Little Things Thread.

The other thing I am thinking is that when this is the only stuff people have left to complain about that the developers must have then succeeded in making a great playing baseball game.
Hey, I pointed out some legitimate issues that actually affect gameplay but it got buried in the lighting and tattoo talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Well... we didn't really see anything new, the big shiny "back of the box" improvements like lighting and licensed equipment were featured in previous streams.

When you are already aware of the positives it is much easier to point out some of the smaller negatives, for example - outfielders still fire rockets off their back foot and charge in on hard hit line drives or grounders. Subtle a.i. decisions go a long way into making the nuances of the game seem more believable, so I am a little disappointed in that regard. I didn't see any of the non-linear route running that was shown off in the first stream, but that was probably a result of there not being too many opportunities for outfielders to backtrack.

One more thing that bugged me a bit was the unnecessary barehand catch by the Cubs SS that led to a throwing error. There was no pressure coming from the lead runner and the batter was not even halfway down the line, why in the world would a professional ballplayer even try something like that? I know there is a new speed paradigm for baserunners this year - how about a fielding urgency paradigm next year? I think that is one area of the game that we all agree needs more attention, the situational awareness of fielders.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:15 AM   #230
Rookie

OVR: 0

I noticed on both streams they are playing on all star difficulty. Seems to me that is the difficulty they do all the tweaks on.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #231
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz

should we start going in on how not up to par online play has been since MLBTS inception?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #232
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
stats and better box scores ?
Not this year.........next year a priority according to Russell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »