Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ahaha to so many people on here not to be mean or anything, but if y'all want pretty buildings with pretty lights go get gta IV or V or build your own in The Sims. There is plenty of that. I'm here for a baseball sim, not to stare at a skyline at night when all I care about is what the pitchers gonna bring at me. I'm there to drop bombs not look at a light show in the background.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:37 AM   #210
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Is this the video about tattoos, office buildings, long sleeves, and permanent chalk?

I haven't watched yet. I've only read this thread.
There isn't much left to complain about...
Old 02-20-2015, 09:43 AM   #211
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
They actually talked about PNC three separate times, first time early on when they said they have some known and obvious lighting issues that they're still working on, second time they even made reference to SOME of what they're tuning talking about toning down the red hue and the third time Nick said he had to fight with his boss to let them show a game at PNC because of all the issues.
Good to hear. I was watching at work with the sound turned down so I didn't get any of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 09:47 AM   #212
Rookie

MichaelAngeloTMNT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I'll chime in on the lighting since I lived in that city for a very long time and went to quite a few games over the years at PNC.

I think that in 15 it is much improved. I really liked how when the camera (point of view) rose up and was in the outfield the city became more noticeable and lit up. That aspect looked pretty good and is what actually happens.

I have said before about ambient lighting and how the lights from the stadium would cause the city to look darker, especially on TV. When you are sitting in the stadium the city is much more lit up to the human eye, however.

I think that most of the photos posted in this thread showing examples has the exposure on the camera being left open longer than what is normal, thus allowing more light to enter the lens and showing off more of the skyline at night. You can especially see this happening on the fireworks shots. You need to leave the shutter open longer to capture fireworks and it shows with the blurring of the person walking in the foreground.

That being said, I think more of the buildings should be evident at night than what we see in this build. There is no true definition of the outline of the skyline like you get when you watch a game on TV or attend in person.

Some of that is probably due to the fact that they don't have the billboard signage on the tops of the buildings. Those signs provide a great deal of light and really come through at night. Especially in comparison to the lights that would be on in the windows of those buildings. I already said that I don't think having generic signage would be preferable to most of us, but I would have to see what they could come up with before I really decide. I definitely don't want to see 7 "The Show" lit up signs on the tops of those buildings as a workaround.

The biggest problem to me is still the stands in the outfield and the batters eye. They are still slightly too dark versus what you see on a TV broadcast even. In reality the stadium lights light those areas up quite well. This and the Clemente Bridge with its uplighting and blue bulbs on the joints of the structure are usually noticeable when viewing a game.

Finally, it was mentioned about the washed out black jerseys the Pirates have in the game. This was an issue last year as well. You can adjust your TV somewhat to compensate, but it doesn't help quite to the point where it makes a big enough of a difference. They really need to work on those dark colored alternate tops, in my opinion. They reflect too much light as they stand now and should be jet black.

I also would nitpick and say that the lettering on the backs of the jerseys are still too fat for the Pirates. That is really being over analytical, but I feel they would match reality better if they were slightly skinnier.

I am sure that I have some night shots of PNC in my repertoire like others do, but really each picture is relative to the camera and the exposure of the shot taken. I will peruse through real quick and see if I have taken anything that I feel might better represent how I think the city should look at night. Most of the time all I have on me at games is my camera-phone. Those aren't the best when dealing with strange lighting, as most of us already know.

Other quick thoughts. Didn't see any of the Zolton "Z". Was hoping J-Hay would flash a quick one after his triple, but didn't occur.

I thought Cole looked better simply because of his beard. His hair and face were a little off, but an improvement from last year for me.

Skip could use a better body model to match his real life self. Hurdle is much more portly in reality than the slender cyber Clint shown in the game again.

Pepsi bottles were finally removed past right field! Yay!

Less traffic walking up and down the isles when you are trying to pitch. Very nice.

Rosen bags... hopefully one day.

Ball girls are needed next year!

So glad they are getting the chalk degradation in, or attempting to work on it. Thank you! Small but adds a bit to the overall experience.

Didn't see any helmets fly off. Weren't a ton of baserunners, but just an observation.

Could use some new animations or scenes when relievers enter from the bullpen. Those ones in there now are getting stale to me.

Loved the fans catching/interacting with the foul balls!

Would love to see some Pierogi Races, Boats on the river, especially a riverboat (Gateway Clipper, which is in the game by name), maybe a closeup of the K board every so often.

Wish we had Sounds of the Show back so bad! Not only for the music during walk-ups etc. but for some synthesized organ playing that only Pittsburgh can pull-off. I miss home just thinking about it haha.
lol, you really took time to type this? Lol...
Old 02-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #213
Rookie

MichaelAngeloTMNT's Arena

This thread is sad. This is how we get Developers to stop showing live videos of games prior to release. After March 31st and you paid $60, sure you can complain all you want. But a month and a half before release and we are getting these awesome videos, just enjoy it. In life, quit worry about the things you don't have and enjoy the things you do have. You'll be happier in life.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:51 AM   #214
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

From what I just watched this is basically MLB the Show 14.5. Guess I'll wait for 16.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:52 AM   #215
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngeloTMNT
This thread is sad. This is how we get Developers to stop showing live videos of games prior to release. After March 31st and you paid $60, sure you can complain all you want. But a month and a half before release and we are getting these awesome videos, just enjoy it. In life, quit worry about the things you don't have and enjoy the things you do have. You'll be happier in life.
best. post. ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 09:56 AM   #216
MVP

OVR: 15

game looks great.
only complaint is that the camera switches too fast to fielding camera.
needs like a second more on the behind pitcher camera so you can see trajectory like in the first livestream.

please at least get this in for us who hit in this camera and who use auto field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »