Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-20-2015, 08:49 AM   #201
Rookie

T_O_p12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Those are the dynamic pitch breaks you are seeing which helps you identify pitches better. It should help people lay off the junk a little better.
Ya they looked good and will be an awesome improvement. A few times I thought some pitches looked like they broke like other pitches though. Especially some sliders from Cole which tailed back like a 2 seamer and didn’t break like a slider. But I usually pitch from a catcher view so maybe it was just a different perspective that was throwing me off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #202
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_p12
Ya they looked good and will be an awesome improvement. A few times I thought some pitches looked like they broke like other pitches though. Especially some sliders from Cole which tailed back like a 2 seamer and didn’t break like a slider. But I usually pitch from a catcher view so maybe it was just a different perspective that was throwing me off.
Pitching from behind the pitcher distorts the break and gives you the impression they are not breaking properly but they are when you view the from the catcher. When I first started playing at CD I noticed the same but realized the perspective throws things off.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #203
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
They actually talked about PNC three separate times, first time early on when they said they have some known and obvious lighting issues that they're still working on, second time they even made reference to SOME of what they're tuning talking about toning down the red hue and the third time Nick said he had to fight with his boss to let them show a game at PNC because of all the issues.

You can nit pick the game to your heart's content but finding issue with a lack of transparency with these guys is the wrong tree to bark up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
As I stated before I havent seen the whole stream. I'll always buy the game and give these guys the utmost credit and respect so there's no issues there.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:03 AM   #204
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Love these videos, and the game is looking great. I am going after work today to reserve my copy. I was wanting to go reserve my copy Tuesday but my wife insisted I shovel the foot of snow out of the driveway. She joked that I needed to get my priorities straight. I told her I was trying but she wouldn't let me.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-20-2015, 09:09 AM   #205
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwold
It does for me when your looking at the batters up to a certain temp during night games and the pitchers to another temp that always have sleeves it's not realistic. Guess I'll keep quiet since you post 1 negative personal opinion about this game and you get questioned on it, i guess you have no issues with this game at all.
I will say that it does get very annoying seeing the pitchers in the AllStar game wearing sleeves. No one is still wearing long sleeves that time of year. I've learned to live with it though.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 09:22 AM   #206
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz
I think the developers are basing the lighting off of pictures and not real life optics. You cant blame them, they are doing what the are told and that is make it look like the pictures, but I explained the issue 5-6 post before this one. In the ballpark you will be using your eyes...human eyes are exponentially better at dealing with light exposure then any camera will ever be.
All stadium backdrops are going to be more visible, and brighter when you are there in person than they are on tv. I think that they are going for the tv broadcast approach with the game, and not what you would see in person. If they weren't going for a broadcast look, then they wouldnt have the scorebug, broadcast presentation, and announcers. So if they are going the broadcast rout, after googling several pictures of PNC park at night, I'd say they are right on the money with how it should look. My previous post about it being way too dark was made before I had googled actual broadcast pics.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #207
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
In the stream there were 3 hitting interfaces in the options menu:

- Directional Hitting (with button & analog input)
- Zone Hitting (with button & analog input)
- Pure Analog Hitting (with all inside options locked)

Does this mean, that pure analog (the way we know it) is still in the game indeed?

I thought I saw that during the stream. Although, it's possible that pure analog is the same thing as using the analog input option for zone or directional.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:32 AM   #208
MVP

OVR: 8

Did anyone pick up on what offensive camera they were using later in the game? I liked how it was kind of a hybrid between dynamic and medium. It showed bat on ball contact and then broke away to a closer cam on some of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »