Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #193
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Got to say I really noticed the different movements of pitches. They look so much more realistic then years past and I think it was in the first inning when Kirby was pitching and he threw a slider and it kind of backed up on him and threw off the batter. You wouldnt see that before. The break on a 2 seam fastball was just gorgeous. Can't wait to see it for myself.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:32 AM   #194
Rookie

T_O_p12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

I wonder where their pitch speed slider was set? It seemed a lot easier to pick up on pitches and tell balls from strikes than when I am actually playing the game(14) lol. Although probably one of those things where it looks easier until to you go to actually do it.

Last edited by T_O_p12; 02-20-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #195
Banned

OVR: 4

One thing I do notice is that when pitching behind the pitcher view (which is how I pitch), the icons are on the side of the screen pretty much, so that's cool. (When batting, they go away once the pitcher starts his windup anyways, so it won't be a distraction)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #196
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
I'm glad they said they're still working on it but tell us what you're working on and why.
They actually talked about PNC three separate times, first time early on when they said they have some known and obvious lighting issues that they're still working on, second time they even made reference to SOME of what they're tuning talking about toning down the red hue and the third time Nick said he had to fight with his boss to let them show a game at PNC because of all the issues.

You can nit pick the game to your heart's content but finding issue with a lack of transparency with these guys is the wrong tree to bark up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #197
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4
MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

In the stream there were 3 hitting interfaces in the options menu:

- Directional Hitting (with button & analog input)
- Zone Hitting (with button & analog input)
- Pure Analog Hitting (with all inside options locked)

Does this mean, that pure analog (the way we know it) is still in the game indeed?

Last edited by ScouserHUN; 02-20-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:41 AM   #198
Rookie

corpkid12's Arena

OVR: 2

I'll try to help out with the debug. I noticed at about 2:41 into the video, after they simulated the Pirates Reds game, it showed that Melancon got the save but it showed his record after his name instead of the save total. May want to fix that.

Last edited by corpkid12; 02-20-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:44 AM   #199
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_p12
I wonder where their pitch speed slider was set? It seemed a lot easier to pick up on pitches and tell balls from strikes than when I am actually playing the game(14) lol. Although probably one of those things where I can say that until I actually go and do it.
Those are the dynamic pitch breaks you are seeing which helps you identify pitches better. It should help people lay off the junk a little better.

Last edited by nemesis04; 02-20-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:46 AM   #200
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I disagree. The hat color is just fine, there is a clear difference with the black uniform and black hat. It looks exactly the same on my HD TV in MLB 14.

Sounds like it's too late in the game to have any type of fix...

I'll live...just a gripe. Didn't stop me from using the Pirates in MLB 14 and won't stop me in MLB 15.
Someone needs to tell the guy washing the Pirate's unforms to use more Woolite. It helps!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »