Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-20-2015, 01:31 AM   #177
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

I'll chime in on the lighting since I lived in that city for a very long time and went to quite a few games over the years at PNC.

I think that in 15 it is much improved. I really liked how when the camera (point of view) rose up and was in the outfield the city became more noticeable and lit up. That aspect looked pretty good and is what actually happens.

I have said before about ambient lighting and how the lights from the stadium would cause the city to look darker, especially on TV. When you are sitting in the stadium the city is much more lit up to the human eye, however.

I think that most of the photos posted in this thread showing examples has the exposure on the camera being left open longer than what is normal, thus allowing more light to enter the lens and showing off more of the skyline at night. You can especially see this happening on the fireworks shots. You need to leave the shutter open longer to capture fireworks and it shows with the blurring of the person walking in the foreground.

That being said, I think more of the buildings should be evident at night than what we see in this build. There is no true definition of the outline of the skyline like you get when you watch a game on TV or attend in person.

Some of that is probably due to the fact that they don't have the billboard signage on the tops of the buildings. Those signs provide a great deal of light and really come through at night. Especially in comparison to the lights that would be on in the windows of those buildings. I already said that I don't think having generic signage would be preferable to most of us, but I would have to see what they could come up with before I really decide. I definitely don't want to see 7 "The Show" lit up signs on the tops of those buildings as a workaround.

The biggest problem to me is still the stands in the outfield and the batters eye. They are still slightly too dark versus what you see on a TV broadcast even. In reality the stadium lights light those areas up quite well. This and the Clemente Bridge with its uplighting and blue bulbs on the joints of the structure are usually noticeable when viewing a game.

Finally, it was mentioned about the washed out black jerseys the Pirates have in the game. This was an issue last year as well. You can adjust your TV somewhat to compensate, but it doesn't help quite to the point where it makes a big enough of a difference. They really need to work on those dark colored alternate tops, in my opinion. They reflect too much light as they stand now and should be jet black.

I also would nitpick and say that the lettering on the backs of the jerseys are still too fat for the Pirates. That is really being over analytical, but I feel they would match reality better if they were slightly skinnier.

I am sure that I have some night shots of PNC in my repertoire like others do, but really each picture is relative to the camera and the exposure of the shot taken. I will peruse through real quick and see if I have taken anything that I feel might better represent how I think the city should look at night. Most of the time all I have on me at games is my camera-phone. Those aren't the best when dealing with strange lighting, as most of us already know.

Other quick thoughts. Didn't see any of the Zolton "Z". Was hoping J-Hay would flash a quick one after his triple, but didn't occur.

I thought Cole looked better simply because of his beard. His hair and face were a little off, but an improvement from last year for me.

Skip could use a better body model to match his real life self. Hurdle is much more portly in reality than the slender cyber Clint shown in the game again.

Pepsi bottles were finally removed past right field! Yay!

Less traffic walking up and down the isles when you are trying to pitch. Very nice.

Rosen bags... hopefully one day.

Ball girls are needed next year!

So glad they are getting the chalk degradation in, or attempting to work on it. Thank you! Small but adds a bit to the overall experience.

Didn't see any helmets fly off. Weren't a ton of baserunners, but just an observation.

Could use some new animations or scenes when relievers enter from the bullpen. Those ones in there now are getting stale to me.

Loved the fans catching/interacting with the foul balls!

Would love to see some Pierogi Races, Boats on the river, especially a riverboat (Gateway Clipper, which is in the game by name), maybe a closeup of the K board every so often.

Wish we had Sounds of the Show back so bad! Not only for the music during walk-ups etc. but for some synthesized organ playing that only Pittsburgh can pull-off. I miss home just thinking about it haha.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:37 AM   #178
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88

Here's a picture I took from Club Cambria in early May
That picture is overexposed a bit which is why the buildings show up and also why there is so little color to the overexposed grass, infield and players. Upping the shadows to make the field less washed out definitely lessens the amount you can see the buildings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16jh65x.jpg (73.9 KB, 302 views)
Old 02-20-2015, 02:20 AM   #179
MVP

Archie56's Arena

So I haven't seen anybody mention this bc everyone seems to be picking apart the night lighting but I noticed that even after they changed the camera settings to medium on offense, the camera doesn't immediately just cut to the ball put into play. The camera stays put for a second so you can see the ball fly off the bat before the camera transitions to the medium view. I love that and I know people have been asking for that for a long time
Old 02-20-2015, 02:40 AM   #180
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm really surprised people are having so many issues with the lighting when 8mins into the video, Nick says there's some known issues with PNC that they're still working on.

Anyway, thanks for another stream. Game looks awesome, the UI looks great and I definitely appreciate the time put into putting these on for us. Definitely looking forward to next week's stream on Franchise, RTTS and Inside the Show.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by sroz39; 02-20-2015 at 03:37 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:01 AM   #181
Banned

Lovvvvvvvve now that finally you can pinch hit ahead of time now!! none of this player comes to plate then pinch hit anymore yay!

sounds like most of the commentary is the boring same however

Last edited by takemejoehome; 02-20-2015 at 03:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 03:55 AM   #182
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
Lovvvvvvvve now that finally you can pinch hit ahead of time now!! none of this player comes to plate then pinch hit anymore yay!
Was in last year.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:02 AM   #183
Rookie

please remove the Adam jones beard he has never had one really took away from the realism last year noticed it's still there I saw in the summer wind trailer and Camden yards has state flags in the outfield only saw us flags still and orange flags on top of the scoreboard near the clock and add cal next year as a legend
Old 02-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #184
Rookie

baseballmad's Arena

Away from the lighting issues, the innane chatter of the devs obscuring the changes in the commentary, the tattoos, or lack of them. The sleeves or no sleeve issues. I for one am just glad they the dev's concentrated all their efforts into improved 'stair gliding fans'. It just wouldn't be 'the show', without this ability to paraglide from seat to rear staircase and back again.....sure makes the game so realistic........but hey, why be so harsh,i've ordered my high def x50 bi focals, just to be able to focus on the blades of grass and sponsored sportswear,just to keep me happy.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »