Home

Online Versus Play Must Improve For NHL 16

This is a discussion on Online Versus Play Must Improve For NHL 16 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2015, 09:48 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Like really who cares about online play?
Old 02-18-2015, 10:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Online seasons would be good. It's there now, but only in HUT. FIFA has it for FUT and for online vs. games. This would give you something to play for in online vs. Gives you some ladder to climb with higher divisions, feels like your accomplishing something. Also, online vs. tournaments. I think older versions of Madden had this, or some EA game. You'd have to wait for another game to finish and then play the next game if you won. It could be tied into HUT with coin rewards. Rather than "grinding" solo play, I'd much rather play online vs for HUT coins.

Why should I play as Buffalo or Edmonton or Arizona if I'm not a fan of that team? If they kept track of W-L with each team, and awarding something, HUT coins, for winning at least one game with all NHL teams in online vs. it would give a reason to see some other teams in this mode rather than just the top teams and give incentive to play for. Then more coins if you win 2 games with each team, etc.

I'm a big hockey fan, but I rarely play online vs. for this very reason of really nothing being accomplished by winning.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:41 PM   #11
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Online Versus Play Must Improve For NHL 16

Online vs. is my favorite mode. It would be nice to save lineups and strategies. And the level system is questionable.

Match ups with similar skilled players are always a blast for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2015, 01:48 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Iscah
Nice write up and thank you for it. I would like to add one big one as well.

How about a reliable online connection to the other player? I detailed my dilemma with this in another post, but the short of it is I am on a 50 Mbps connection, have all open ports, my PS4 is on a static IP, cleared DNS cache, UpNp off & yet still every online versus match in unplayable from a choppiness standpoint.

My own thought on the matter is that online versus is P2P connection while HUT is via a dedicated server.

I'm not a fan of HUT but have resorted to it because it is the only reliable way to play another human online "lag free" in NHL 15.
Exactly this! I played OvP exclusively upon release, but ever since they put it OTP I get no connection. Bittersweet, because I realized how much more I enjoy HUT. Not like I have a option though.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #13
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Not to sound bitter, but i can't think of one aspect of the NHL series that couldn't use a solid re-working.

Maybe the HUT billing system. That seems to work well.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:59 PM   #14
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4
It's bad enough that they can never seem to make a game without "arcade" tendencies....can they please just eliminate the relentlessly stupid HUT. So much wasted time and energy invested in that area.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:08 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

OVP has turned into 'who can score the most cheese goals in 15 minutes', which has made the mode absolutely useless to me

what i would love to see, is keeping a record of your stats. how many goals you scored, shots, etc. especially versus your friends. like if you constantly play your friends (like some of us do) it would be nice to see average shots vs this player, goals, most points by a person, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2015, 12:21 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan
can they please just eliminate the relentlessly stupid HUT. So much wasted time and energy invested in that area.
Whether you enjoy the mode or not, HUT is likely keeping EA's NHL series afloat right now. The franchise's retail sales have been steadily dropping in North America since NHL 11. At this point, EA's probably making more profit from HUT and from people spending money on Be A Pro/EASHL attribute boosts than they are making from selling $60 copies of the game.

Last edited by jyoung; 02-21-2015 at 02:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »