Home

MLB 15 The Show: Revamped Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Revamped Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-17-2015, 01:33 PM   #25
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Revamped Diamond Dynasty

What would be great is an offline mode like NBA 2K's Domination, where you would take your DD team and square off against all 30 CPU-controlled MLB teams, starting from the lowest ranked to the highest ranked. You earn performance-based rewards as you move up the ladder, enabling you to build a better squad along the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #26
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

It would be nice if there was a DD position player and a separate DD pitcher. I don't want to name the DD guy someone like Jose Canseco and have him pitch.

I still concerned how restoring the stamina after every game is going to impact the enjoyment. One could essentially bring in their super DD reliever every game. Specific bullpen roles such as the mop-up role won't matter as much anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
What would be great is an offline mode like NBA 2K's Domination, where you would take your DD team and square off against all 30 CPU-controlled MLB teams, starting from the lowest ranked to the highest ranked. You earn performance-based rewards as you move up the ladder, enabling you to build a better squad along the way.
You can still face all CPU-controlled MLB teams. After each game you'll earn.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #27
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Right, Domination is just little more fleshed out is all. Moving up the ladder gives you that feeling of progression, and the performance incentives can prompt you to go back and replay certain teams.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:45 PM   #28
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
It would be nice if there was a DD position player and a separate DD pitcher. I don't want to name the DD guy someone like Jose Canseco and have him pitch.

I still concerned how restoring the stamina after every game is going to impact the enjoyment. One could essentially bring in their super DD reliever every game. Specific bullpen roles such as the mop-up role won't matter as much anymore.

I feel the same way, I don't like the idea of having my one DD player being my starting shortstop and then closing out the game in the 9th on the mound. It's just a weird concept. But that means I could also just not feed him any pitcher cards and let the really RP cards do that.

I wish they gave us 2 DD guys, one pitcher and one position player so that you can really have fun with customizing two different players and maybe creating your buddy/teammate and then having your 2 DD be a pitcher and catcher and being a battery like that. Hopefully next year!
Old 02-17-2015, 02:53 PM   #29
Rookie

I doubt this mode will even be playable in MLB the Show 15. Last year when I tried to play Diamond Dynasty, It would freeze up at the opponent screen and Id have to close the application each time on my PS4. Im hoping they fixed the server issues with Diamond Dynasty but I highly doubt it
Old 02-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #30
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovuto86
I doubt this mode will even be playable in MLB the Show 15. Last year when I tried to play Diamond Dynasty, It would freeze up at the opponent screen and Id have to close the application each time on my PS4. Im hoping they fixed the server issues with Diamond Dynasty but I highly doubt it
played online last night with no issue
Old 02-17-2015, 03:10 PM   #31
Rookie

Hustlin when I bought MLB the Show 14 the online was so bad that what happened on my screen didnt happen on my opponents screen and it usually dropped the matches after 3 innings. I traded it in towards Madden in August. Is the online better than it was when i last played it in August?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 08:21 PM   #32
Rookie

All of this sounds great so far, but I'm really disappointed about the removal of all but one Dynasty player. What I think they should do is add a card that you can get in card packs that allows you to make another player and add him to your Dynasty squad. That way, nothing gets overpowered, and you still have a creative aspect to the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »