Home

Cliff Notes & Tidbits From Yesterday's MLB 15 The Show Livestream

This is a discussion on Cliff Notes & Tidbits From Yesterday's MLB 15 The Show Livestream within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2015, 05:40 PM   #41
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Cliff Notes & Tidbits From Yesterday's MLB 15 The Show Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
So what's to stop someone from placing their best starting pitcher as a rp and then going to the bullpen in the first inning of the game? The way I see it, all they've done is make sure you're best pitcher will always have 100% of his energy available to come into the game in the 1st. Unless I'm missing something.....
Unless you have a real life pitcher than is a RP position and has high quality SP ratings like stamina you wouldn't want to do that. By looking at the stream, when they selected a SP to set their rotation, it wasn't an option to put him in the bullpen. So you would need a RP card that is your best SP? Very unlikely
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 06:03 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cliff Notes & Tidbits From Yesterday's MLB 15 The Show Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Does this never expiring concept mean that our DD cards will transfer to next years game. For example, the cards I collect in 15, will I have the same cards in 16?

99.9% sure they don't. Since equipment doesn't carry over year to year, (for the same reasons they explained in the stream) it seems extremely unlikely they'd carry over with DD cards.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:42 AM   #43
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Does this never expiring concept mean that our DD cards will transfer to next years game. For example, the cards I collect in 15, will I have the same cards in 16?
No, it means that after a card is obtained, it will not be taken away from you unless you put it in the market (in which case you are trading it away for stubs) or use it in training the custom Diamond Dynasty player (in which you use card(s) to increase the custom player's attributes).

And when you activate a player card to your roster and use him in games, the player can be used so long as you maintain the card. (In DD of MLB 14, MLB players expired in 10 games and DD players expired after 30 - 40 games of playing.)

I am "almost" 100% sure that you won't retain those asset from one year to another though. It will likely limit the growth of the mode in case of introducing novel new features, if the devs have to worry about maintaining old assets, so you probably don't want to see that happening anyways...
Old 02-16-2015, 01:39 PM   #44
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Russell,

Any chance you can comment on why at At&t Park the pitchers are still sitting in the bull pen instead of in the Giants dug out like in real life? Is this just not a fixable thing?
Old 02-16-2015, 01:50 PM   #45
Rookie

Burge88's Arena

I'm still a little fuzzy on the split screen replay. Can somebody clear that up on what it is for me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 01:52 PM   #46
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Russell,

Any chance you can comment on why at At&t Park the pitchers are still sitting in the bull pen instead of in the Giants dug out like in real life? Is this just not a fixable thing?

I think he said something about the dugout would be too packed or something like that. What I don't get though is I would rather just have them not anywhere at all and just appear out of the dugout than have them all sitting on the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 02-16-2015, 02:10 PM   #47
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burge88
I'm still a little fuzzy on the split screen replay. Can somebody clear that up on what it is for me?
It's a presentation element like you see on a baseball telecast where one side could show the pitcher and at the same time the other split side could show the base runner or batter for example.

Last edited by nemesis04; 02-16-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:47 PM   #48
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey Steve_OS, thank you for making this cliff notes post. It is very convenient for us who didn't get to see all of it.

Thank you!

Anyone know the focus for this week's twitching?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »