Home

MLB 15 The Show: Revamped Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Revamped Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-17-2015, 11:28 AM   #17
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
"First, they have gotten rid of contracts. This incessent need to manage how long players can play for you has been a staple of these modes from the beginning. At first, it was kind of neat, and provided another layer of decision making. But eventually, it seemed, collecting the contract extensions became more important than the players themselves. And, as the modes became more complex, this level of tedium was more annoying than interesting."

Uhh DD never had contract extensions so this whole paragraph is just wrong. The fun thing about DD was the fact you had to constantly manage your team and find replacements for your guys about to retire. Plus retired guys can win awards or make the HOF, which is not in any other Ultimate Team mode.

I can appreciate and understand SCEA's decision to appeal this to the mass more than while still leave the customization in there for the hard core DD vets. I just hope they fix the online stability and give us a choice on which difficulty to play online. I am sick of being forced to play on Vet/AS mode where PCI is big as the K-zone.

My greatest fear is that the mode will just turn into a glorified ASG where everyone will have Cano, Tulo, Cabrera, Trout, Molina, Kershaw, Scherzer, etc. I wish they would take a page from MUT in something that MUT actually does well. And that is all of the offline challenges and the array of cards they release weekly into new packs, plus adding new collections to fill. I don't see SCEA doing this much, thus you will see the same players once everyone gets enough packs to open. I hope it really is as difficult as they say to earn the diamond cards or else this could get stale by June. At least with the fictional players you never saw the same player twice, literally.
I was speaking more at the meta-level, in regards to players in all of these modes needing to be resigned or leave after a certain time period. You are right, there weren't contracts, per se, in DD. But the need to manage a roster because players randomly expire lost its appeal to me after a while.

But I can appreciate that level of decision making, if you liked it. I think the new way seems more appealing, but to each his own.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:43 AM   #18
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Revamped Diamond Dynasty

I probably will never play Diamond Dynasty but I like that you can collect cards by playing all the modes.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #19
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

I never played Diamond Dynasty before as I usually like to just play with my favorite team and players, but is DD also playable offline? Or do you have to play online against other people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 02-17-2015, 12:32 PM   #20
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
I never played Diamond Dynasty before as I usually like to just play with my favorite team and players, but is DD also playable offline? Or do you have to play online against other people?

Yes, you can play other people's teams (with the CPU controlling them) offline.

YouTube

Old 02-17-2015, 12:53 PM   #21
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yes, you can play other people's teams (with the CPU controlling them) offline.

That's pretty cool, thanks for the info. May try this mode out this year!

“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #22
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

I still wish there was some schedule form to follow with DD. Like a season to it. I understand the user v. user aspect and for those who like the online play (hopefully fixed) I can see where it stays somewhat fresh. But I think I would like to be able to play my squad against other MLB teams in a scheduled season, not just manually selecting them.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:09 PM   #23
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
I still wish there was some schedule form to follow with DD. Like a season to it. I understand the user v. user aspect and for those who like the online play (hopefully fixed) I can see where it stays somewhat fresh. But I think I would like to be able to play my squad against other MLB teams in a scheduled season, not just manually selecting them.
can you not do this with a fictional team with edits in regular offline season mode?
Old 02-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #24
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
can you not do this with a fictional team with edits in regular offline season mode?
Like mimic your DD roster to an existing MLB team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »