Home

MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2015, 09:53 PM   #177
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Holy ****, just saw this as a commercial during the NBA All Star Game!

Although in what seemed like a pretty soft resolution (probably 720p and compressed), the game just breathed gorgeousness! Framerate was varied, though. For instance, most shots were 60 FPS, but then the Wrigley morning shot was 30 FPS, as well as the Wrigley crowd shot. So, still don't know about how cutscenes will end up being for this game.

A DAMN shame what SCEA has done to video baseball. These guys don't get enough credit. Thanks in advance for what I'm sure to be another year of great Baseball

Sent from my iPhone/iPad mini
Old 02-15-2015, 10:14 PM   #178
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
Why not use Frank Sinatra's version? Sorry, I know that's off topic. Lighting is just amazing.
They spent all their money on legends and branded equipment, so they had to settle for Hank Cilantra
Old 02-15-2015, 11:19 PM   #179
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
They spent all their money on legends and branded equipment, so they had to settle for Hank Cilantra
His "Greatest Hits" album is excellent, everyone should check it out. His Jazz-lounge cover of "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" is an all time classic.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:35 PM   #180
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
It may have come off a little insensitive IF Ramone said it like that, however, he didn't say it like that at all.
"There isn't any outside feedback that will be taken or listened to on this particular subject."

Sorry, that's precisely what that means. We're keeping this internal, and we will listen to no one on judgment except for ourselves because we have a specific method of doing this that we completely trust and consider incredibly important. Even if they've made a mistake from the point of view of multiple people. It resembles umpiring before the replay system came into play. Which is their right, of course, but you always hope for a fair and quick shake.

But you know what? This is like walking into a church and telling the people inside that their priest misquoted the Bible during his sermon and he should say it right. They're going to throw bricks, so I'll shut up and stop angering the tribe. It's still a brilliant game.

Last edited by Grub; 02-15-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:54 PM   #181
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub
"There isn't any outside feedback that will be taken or listened to on this particular subject."

Sorry, that's precisely what that means. We're keeping this internal, and we will listen to no one on judgment except for ourselves because we have a specific method of doing this that we completely trust and consider incredibly important. Even if they've made a mistake from the point of view of multiple people. It resembles umpiring before the replay system came into play. Which is their right, of course, but you always hope for a fair and quick shake.

But you know what? This is like walking into a church and telling the people inside that their priest misquoted the Bible during his sermon and he should say it right. They're going to throw bricks, so I'll shut up and stop angering the tribe. It's still a brilliant game.
Or maybe they can't accept feedback because the color system is fully automated, and there is no opportunity for manual intervention?

And your church analogy fails because we are all in agreement on what Russell said, you are just misinterpreting the meaning and putting additional words in his mouth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 12:47 AM   #182
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I would think so, almost would guarantee a Baez, and Soler.

I'd be more worried about if they got their face scans in. I've been worrying about guys like Marcus Stroman, Drew Hutchison, and Aaron Sanchez, if they got their face scans in.

I guess we can only hope.
If they got Baez in I pray they also changed how they handle players with "bat flicks/waves". I like that they made an attempt at them, but they looked really awkward in MLB 14. Look at how they did Ozuna.

If that is how they will do Baez's bat wave than I'll have to find an alternative stance. I hope they can figure out how to do the fast wave that most players have (if they have one to begin with). I don't know of many that have that slow wave pre-pitch that Ozuna had in MLB 14.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:51 AM   #183
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26

Oh it looks great - I didn't get a chance to play '14 on ps4 - I just pre-ordered '15 today!
CFB: Oregon Ducks '10

I HATE TO LOSE MORE THAN I LOVE TO WIN
--------------------------------------------------
Twitter: Rileyfcol
PSN: Doc_Hollladay
Instagram:7_wolfe
Old 02-16-2015, 02:50 AM   #184
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

The team and player personality is going to keep this game fresh. Playing different teams with different animations instead of every team doing the same thing will make it more fun.
I like the birds in the sky too. I wonder if there will be seagulls in San Francisco.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »