Home

MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition, Pre-Order Details, Canadian Cover Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition, Pre-Order Details, Canadian Cover Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-10-2015, 05:40 PM   #105
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition, Pre-Order Details, Canadian Cover Revea

Anyone know if there ever are any PS4 bundles that will have MBL involved? Amazon has a good one with LAst of Us and Shadows of Mordor included for 399 but honestly, I want the ps4 for the show so that makes more sense for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #106
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition, Pre-Order Details, Canadian Cover Revea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Anyone know if there ever are any PS4 bundles that will have MBL involved? Amazon has a good one with LAst of Us and Shadows of Mordor included for 399 but honestly, I want the ps4 for the show so that makes more sense for me
The Show has never been a huge series for Sony. The two games you mentioned for example sold between 4-5 times that of The Show on PS4. It would be cool to see a PS4 themed for The Show, white with laces or something, but The Show just isn't the type of franchise that pushes a large mass of people to buy a console.

It sells better if you consider it a yearly franchise though and compare say three years of The Show sales vs 1 year of a game that took three years to make. I hope Sony looks at it that way revenue wise. In terms of selling a console to new customers though, The Show is likely a poor choice since many of those sales are from repeat customers already.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-10-2015 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:30 AM   #107
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
The Show has never been a huge series for Sony. The two games you mentioned for example sold between 4-5 times that of The Show on PS4. It would be cool to see a PS4 themed for The Show, white with laces or something, but The Show just isn't the type of franchise that pushes a large mass of people to buy a console.

It sells better if you consider it a yearly franchise though and compare say three years of The Show sales vs 1 year of a game that took three years to make. I hope Sony looks at it that way revenue wise. In terms of selling a console to new customers though, The Show is likely a poor choice since many of those sales are from repeat customers already.
While The Show does not do the numbers of the other games that were mentioned, I do think The Show puts PS4 consoles in peoples homes. I don't necessarily think the other ones quite do that. It could be more impactful than just looking at how many game units The Show sold.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:39 AM   #108
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
While The Show does not do the numbers of the other games that were mentioned, I do think The Show puts PS4 consoles in peoples homes. I don't necessarily think the other ones quite do that. It could be more impactful than just looking at how many game units The Show sold.
Absolutely, I can tell you right now, although I've had Xboxes in my past, I've always gone back to PS bc of the Show. When it came time to buy gen 3, I got a 360 (simpler, lower price)... but when spring time hit... I got a PS3 bc of the Show. When these last consoles hit.... hands down no question pre ordered PS4 at launch. Bc of the Show. (Not to mention I saw it was the better console anyways).
Old 02-11-2015, 09:49 AM   #109
MVP

Quote:
Yup show is the only reason I have a PS4 I buy all other games on my X1
Old 02-15-2015, 06:50 PM   #110
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I pre-ordered this and now Im wondering what these aditional goodies are. Will the "15 Bonus Items" then be these Cards we saw in the streams?
Old 02-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #111
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Yep, flat out the only reason I owned a PS3 and now a PS4 is because of The Show..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 12:33 AM   #112
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
I think it does as well, but at a fairly low number compared to larger AAA games that also receive more advertisement compared to The Show. Looking at sales year-to-year The Show's numbers are fairly steady and I'm sure Sony knows about how many people playing year 20XX of The Show also bought the previous year. To those fans the game simply existing is enough to upgrade to a PS4. They probably also know how many people played 2013 on PS3 and how many moved to PS4 as well.

Using vgchartz so take these numbers with a grain of salt.

2012: 0.88M PS3
2013: 0.64M PS3
2014: 0.32M PS3, 0.52M PS4

So it looks like a large chunk of people went from PS3 to PS4 just because they wanted the latest version of the game. That will likely be skewed even more in 2015 if I had to guess. I just don't think The Show reaches the types of customers you think it does. It reaches customers, but many of them are already fans, like us.

If Sony thought that The Show would bring in new customers to the Sony ecosystem they would advertise it harder and/or make a bundle for it. Sony also has way more info that we will ever have on the sales trends of their games and make decisions accordingly.

I hope Sony takes a risk one day and does release a bundle. Maybe the next PS4 Slim, matte white with red stitches and a matching controller.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »