Home

MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #113
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

OVR: 0
It looks really good but I'm still skeptical of why they haven't shown any night time clips because this time last year everyone was loving the lighting just like how everyone is drooling over it this year.Then we played it and for many ball parks, you couldn't see the fans sitting above the home run fences because it was so dark.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #114
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
With the new tool the artists have for grass and dirt each artist uses their own footage from MLB.com taken at the right time of day and month to get the correct grass colors per stadium. There isn't any outside feedback that will be taken or listened to on this particular subject.
That's a shame because not once has the infield dirt ever been that dark, not even after it has been watered. I've gone to 20 games a year since Safeco opened and watch every game on TV, it looks like the picture I took and the video I posted every single time (which is also from MLB.com).

The only justification I can think of is that the warning track (which is a dark reddish color) and the infield dirt share the same template/color palette, but in reality they don't.

Maybe other Seattlites can vouch for me and share their opinion, was the infield dirt ever that dark when you went to a game?

And for those of you who have never gone, here's a pic of the infield covered in shadows, it is still nowhere near as dark as in the video:

Notice the color of the warning track though, that looks familiar...
Old 02-14-2015, 12:08 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Not to mention these trailers and streams are still WIP. They have some time to correct the orientations before launch.
This being said, if I remember correctly, some of the early guys had retail copies about a week or 2 early last year, meaning the game had to be done and polished about 3 weeks or so before launch.... So if pattern repeats, I imagine SCEA will be done with this in about 2-3 weeks. Won't be long before we see retail copies floating around the usual suspects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #116
Rookie

pingponggame's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy

Maybe other Seattlites can vouch for me and share their opinion, was the infield dirt ever that dark when you went to a game.
I absolutely agree that the infield dirt is a bit on the dark side in the trailer. Having been to numerous Mariners games since the opening of safeco, I can't recall the dirt ever being darker than the warning track (day or night).

There is numerous and conclusive evidence of this as well, but I'm not sure what it would take to get the dirt tones overturned if they aren't taking feedback (I sound like a referee)..
Old 02-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #117
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
Right field at Wrigley faces due east...why is the sun setting in the east?
Noticed that as well. Hope that it is somehow fixed in the final version because it looked really bad to me.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #118
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

R-E-L-A-X

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #119
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Just watched the video again but this time on my laptop and its looks B-E-A-Utiful!! Love the fact that they showed the flags at AT&T park and actually have the California flag and the division flags in the game! Look forward to seeing them change During my franchise depending who's in what position.

Oh and I love Buster hugs 👌

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 02-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #120
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
R-E-L-A-X

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
Quote:
Not to mention these trailers and streams are still WIP. They have some time to correct the orientations before launch.
Quote:
Speaking of these trailers and streams being WIP right now, knowing optimization is the last thing to be done once the game is finished, I'm suspecting the game will look even better than what this Summer trailer is showing. SO PSYCHED

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »