Home

MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-14-2015, 10:16 AM   #105
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
That is a super extra inning game, the sun is rising!
Seriously though. There are a few stadiums that have had an incorrect orientation in the game, causing evening to look like morning. One example off the top of my head is Nationals Park. In the game, the sun also sets to the east. It might seem like a small thing but it really does change the way the stadium looks compared to real life. A 7 PM game feels like 10 AM. I was wondering if these things would be addressed this year. Hopefully, that shot of Wrigley in the trailer is just an illustration (perhaps an early morning game? I know those are in this year...i.e., Patriots day for the Red Sox). The lighting does look absolutely stunning. Let's just hope the ballpark orientations are accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 10:19 AM   #106
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
Seriously though. There are a few stadiums that have had an incorrect orientation in the game, causing evening to look like morning. One example off the top of my head is Nationals Park. In the game, the sun also sets to the east. It might seem like a small thing but it really does change the way the stadium looks compared to real life. A 7 PM game feels like 10 AM. I was wondering if these things would be addressed this year. Hopefully, that shot of Wrigley in the trailer is just an illustration (perhaps an early morning game? I know those are in this year...i.e., Patriots day for the Red Sox). The lighting does look absolutely stunning. Let's just hope the ballpark orientations are accurate.
I totally get what you are saying. I would think since they are introducing these seasonal shadows, orientation errors would be caught if they are using reference photos.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #107
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I totally get what you are saying. I would think since they are introducing these seasonal shadows, orientation errors would be caught if they are using reference photos.
Not to mention these trailers and streams are still WIP. They have some time to correct the orientations before launch.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #108
Banned

OVR: 4
MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind

Speaking of these trailers and streams being WIP right now, knowing optimization is the last thing to be done once the game is finished, I'm suspecting the game will look even better than what this Summer trailer is showing. SO PSYCHED

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 02-14-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:01 AM   #109
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
This is important and probably deserves its own thread so the devs are sure to see it. Detailed sun and shadows would be comical if the Sun is going the wrong way.

Spoiler
Old 02-14-2015, 11:12 AM   #110
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Right field at Wrigley faces due east...why is the sun setting in the east?
I'm pretty sure that was a scene set up using the time of day widget.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #111
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I'm pretty sure that was a scene set up using the time of day widget.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
Let's hope so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #112
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Right field at Wrigley faces due east...why is the sun setting in the east?

Regardless of lighting accuracy those images are stunning visually Wrigley really looks alive and they got alot of the changes in ! very impressive for a early build .

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »