Home

MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #177
MLB The Show Designer

Lorne_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by og236
Don't know if anyone noticed, but during the DD part of the stream, I caught that they had RP Kirby Yates (Tampa Bay Rays) as a LHP when he is a RHP in real life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look real close, the header on that column is "H," which is the side he hits from. Kirby Yates hits from the left side, so this is correct. What's not correct (and is a bug) is that we show the pitcher's batting side instead of throwing hand. This will be updated to show the pitcher's throwing hand. Yates does throw from the right side in the game.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:52 PM   #178
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

I may have missed it somewhere along the way, but is the regular timing hitting still in? As it has been in years past, or has it changed.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-13-2015, 02:55 PM   #179
MVP

og236's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
If you look real close, the header on that column is "H," which is the side he hits from. Kirby Yates hits from the left side, so this is correct. What's not correct (and is a bug) is that we show the pitcher's batting side instead of throwing hand. This will be updated to show the pitcher's throwing hand. Yates does throw from the right side in the game.

Gotcha Lorne, thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #180
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I may have missed it somewhere along the way, but is the regular timing hitting still in? As it has been in years past, or has it changed.
It is, just not as timing. It's Directional Hitting now. If you want to use Timing, just use Directional hitting but don't move the left stick.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:16 PM   #181
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
It is, just not as timing. It's Directional Hitting now. If you want to use Timing, just use Directional hitting but don't move the left stick.
Ok. I got a little worried because I saw in the stream he was using directional, but he was having to flick the analog stick upward to bat. I prefer the button mashing method. Has it been verified that the button can still be used.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #182
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Ok. I got a little worried because I saw in the stream he was using directional, but he was having to flick the analog stick upward to bat. I prefer the button mashing method. Has it been verified that the button can still be used.
Yes, buttons can still be used.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #183
MVP

Yes, you can still use buttons, what makes timing turn into directional, is if you use left stick.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:27 PM   #184
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Probably not enough for a stream.
Sadly I bet your right.

I mean to be totally honest the in game presentations really have not changed much at all especially when in comes to the Stat overlay presentations which in my opinion need major overhaul. There are some key things that could be done to the stat overlay presentations to make the game look a lot more like a real TV baseball broadcast. I hope for this year after year and every year short of some minor tweaks it pretty much looks and acts the same. Now i am not saying it's bad in it's current state It's just gotten a tad stale if you know what I mean. A lot of the needed improvements to the in game presentations for MLB The Show have already been done in that other now discontinued baseball game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »