Home

MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-12-2015, 03:23 PM   #41
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
lol I think the opposite of what braves 94 thinks might actually be closer to the truth.
I imagine when Sony San Diego sees the bunch from OS arrive at their door, they think "Oh lord, here we go again".
It is not particularly easy to sit in a conference room in front of some of the development team members and go over items that missed the mark (from the community perspective) when you know the guys sitting there put their heart in soul into it. I know it is something that I and the others who go take very seriously and it has to be approached in a polite professional manner. I am thankful that they entertain this level of interaction. It is not just hanging out and playing games!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 04:07 PM   #42
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Well if Ramone and the other Show devs really listen to the fans/consumers of the Show,they say they are so passionate about Baseball and the Show. Please tell me why after all these years and how they stress how much they listen to the fans,then why haven't they still not give you the option still to play with the roofs closed on retractable roof stadiums then. Just something simple like that. It has been highly requested by the fans!
LOL.

I don't think, in this context, "simple" means what you think it means.

Btw, I'll take historical stat tracking before retractable roofs.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:11 PM   #43
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
...Please tell me why after all these years and how they stress how much they listen to the fans...
I've never once heard anyone from the Show toot their own horn,
it's always been the customer to proffer that testimony.
Plus, with the thousands of simple requests they get, not every one can possibly be implemented.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #44
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Well if Ramone and the other Show devs really listen to the fans/consumers of the Show,they say they are so passionate about Baseball and the Show. Please tell me why after all these years and how they stress how much they listen to the fans,then why haven't they still not give you the option still to play with the roofs closed on retractable roof stadiums then. Just something simple like that. It has been highly requested by the fans!
You think its simple. Perhaps you should do research and see what all goes into the development of the game and how stadiums are created and such before stating that something is "so simple".

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-12-2015, 06:34 PM   #45
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1
I'm going to be slightly contrarian in the praise of SCEA. Last year was a debacle for the PS3 crowd. We got no communication, could not get patches for things fixed for the PS4 (franchise bugets, etc.) and our complaints both on OS and the MLB:TS fora were either closed or ignored. Incidents/bugs that were requested to be noted to the staff were closed/deleted for PS3 without being addressed in the final patch.

I'm not sure if the numbers will bear this out but there are many of us holding off purchasing anything this year without solid feedback in the gaming community. You made a buncha enemies last year with the older generation crowd.

This all being said, the rollout of this year's edition is light years better than last.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #46
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
I understand that,the problem I have is this option has been requested for awhile now! They have said over and over again in the PS3 wasn't powerful enough. Now we supposedly have the most powerful console ever in the PS4 and they still make excuses. How about this,maybe instead of putting all these bells and whistles in the game,they should address the the most requested stuff fans want to see first. It seems like they come up with these new ideas and force feed it to people. They have a whole year to put things in the game! I know it's not hard to fix the stadium problem. Madden has given you the option for years. But it is what is. I just question how much they really listen to the fans. I know I'm not in the minority about the stadium issue.

As the community stadium "guy", I can say NO. You don't know. Or understand exactly how detailed these stadiums and backdrops are.

Think of it this way. The playable surface for every basketball court, football field, soccer field, hockey rink, etc... are all the same. Baseball stadiums all have a uniqueness. Also, the PS4 version is still playing catch-up to the number of stadiums in the PS3 version. It takes time to build up that number. If you have one functional version of a stadium, resources can probably be better used elsewhere. And you mention Madden, but realize that they are also a team that is at least 4X larger than SDS.

YouTube

Old 02-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0
Obviously none of you (that are saying Sony is doing a great job with this game) actually plays it online because last year it was so terrible that you couldnt play 3 innings without it dropping a match. When I hit a double into the outfield it shows me scoring 2 runs yet after the scene is over and the pitcher has the ball ready to pitch it shows that my player was out and zero runs scored. I really hope they fix this MAJOR issue for this season but I highly doubt they did as they had zero information about it during the live twitch interview
Old 02-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #48
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovuto86
Obviously none of you (that are saying Sony is doing a great job with this game) actually plays it online because last year it was so terrible that you couldnt play 3 innings without it dropping a match. When I hit a double into the outfield it shows me scoring 2 runs yet after the scene is over and the pitcher has the ball ready to pitch it shows that my player was out and zero runs scored. I really hope they fix this MAJOR issue for this season but I highly doubt they did as they had zero information about it during the live twitch interview
As far as if it's been improved or not, I obviously don't know either, but they had "zero" info on it because the streams are feature focused.

In other words, we'll get online news when they cover online, presentation when they cover presentation, etc.

Whether or not that news is satisfactory to people is another story...lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »