Home

Earning Badges in NBA 2K15

This is a discussion on Earning Badges in NBA 2K15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #361
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Earning Badges in NBA 2K15

Can somebody answer this for me. When going for the dribble badges like behind the back and spin kingpin etc do they have to be done on drives to the paint or do they count anywhere on the court? E.g. if doing them when inbounding the ball on the other end of the court going past half court etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #362
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
Can somebody answer this for me. When going for the dribble badges like behind the back and spin kingpin etc do they have to be done on drives to the paint or do they count anywhere on the court? E.g. if doing them when inbounding the ball on the other end of the court going past half court etc?
Dribble to the 3 point line & go to town. I unlock behind the back in 1 game. If you flick away from the rim fast enough you'll do multiple dribbles at one time. The description says within 25' of the hoop. I would do them after I got the ball.

I would also dribble from each side of the court along the 3 point line. For step back freeze I would dribble to either of the elbows, then hold turbo and flick away from the hoop as fast as I could to rack up as many dribbles as possible.

Keep a few things in mind, you're going to get 'hold ball too long' a lot, which will lower your teammate grade. When performing step back dribble moves you're going to have a few accidental back court violations. Also, you're going to draw a crowd. That will end up with a few jump ball situations and you'll lose teammate grade points for those as well.

All are really easy as long as you just focus on those each game. Doesn't take long.

Last edited by BellSKA; 02-12-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:44 AM   #363
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Volume Shooter was one of the first badges I got besides Spark Plug. Got both Microwave and Unfazed with Volume Shooter.
How did you stay hot? I have lasted 3 minutes at the most I just can't seem to get the 4 minutes.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #364
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UC2SMOOTH
How did you stay hot? I have lasted 3 minutes at the most I just can't seem to get the 4 minutes.

I've found it really hard to stay hot for that long. Microwave is easy because all you have to do is get hot, unfazed is difficult IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 02-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #365
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
I was able to get both Unfazed & Microwave in the same 'attempt' and avoid volume shooter. Keep in mind that it's 15 games, that's key. You can trigger microwave after your consecutive hot games, but unfazed won't unlock till after that 15th game. I had my 3rd (4 minute min) hot game around game 11 and did not get the badge after it. It wasn't till after game 15 of my trying for it did it unlock.

You can get hot a number of ways. It can be on either side of the ball also. So if you're concerned about your shot count, lock down on D. Get a ton of steals, blocks, tipped passes, forced turnovers, etc.

On the offensive end, anything can take a warm player to hot that raises your grade. Try a long 'Unlimited Range' 3. Any big dunk, work on Posterizer perhaps. Alley oops, either passing or finishing. Assists are huge. But always be the focal point when the offense scores. If you take even 1 trip down court and get no positive teammate grades for the score, you can lose your hot streak. Run all plays through you. Pass to assist counts as a positive play and will keep your streak going.
Sorry, reposting this (3rd time) for those asking about 'Unfazed' & 'Microwave'. I tried for both of these starting my 1st season and without volume shooter. Got both inside the 15 game recommendation. I didn't get VS till I was trying for Deadeye.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #366
Pro

OVR: 6

I got unfazed somehow without trying when I was trying to get hotspots all over the court. I've had microwave and volume shooter for the longest time but I only got unfazed recently. I was playing on rookie casual shooting 3s to get those hotspots.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #367
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

So would that be a quicker way of getting badges? Turning the difficulty down to rookie for a game or two?

I'm still having the hardest time getting posterizer even with 95 dunk and I'd like to knock out a few badges in a game or two.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 02-13-2015, 11:19 AM   #368
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
So would that be a quicker way of getting badges? Turning the difficulty down to rookie for a game or two?

I'm still having the hardest time getting posterizer even with 95 dunk and I'd like to knock out a few badges in a game or two.

Yeah that's what pretty much everyone does lol. Posterizer it's smart to use the right stick to perform flashy dunks. More posterizers happen that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »