Home

MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-12-2015, 09:12 AM   #33
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I understand that,the problem I have is this option has been requested for awhile now! They have said over and over again in the PS3 wasn't powerful enough. Now we supposedly have the most powerful console ever in the PS4 and they still make excuses. How about this,maybe instead of putting all these bells and whistles in the game,they should address the the most requested stuff fans want to see first. It seems like they come up with these new ideas and force feed it to people. They have a whole year to put things in the game! I know it's not hard to fix the stadium problem. Madden has given you the option for years. But it is what is. I just question how much they really listen to the fans. I know I'm not in the minority about the stadium issue.
Honestly tho, you have no idea if it is really that requested other than these forums. OS is most likely the most die-hard show fans out there and an important voice but is no way the majority of the Show players.

Would I like retractable roofs? Of course, especially because I play with the Blue Jays in franchise, it has never really bothered me that much tho, i just enjoy playing the game.

When they can do it, they will do it. I don't see any other game developers doing what these guys do and I personally would give them some leeway because of that.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #34
MVP

rjackson's Arena

Yeah, I'd be quick to agree with NWO4life if it wasn't for all the other requests they did fix or add (like equipment and the annual this color is wrong criticisms). I cannot use certain teams for franchise mode because of the roofs.

I also know that I am one to appear to have blinders on at times, but that seems to be when people are jumping to opinions while ignorant of certain facts or are prioritizing something really small that only affects them.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #35
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

No one is perfect. While retractable roofs and historical stat tracking are no question the most requested improvements (and I think historical stat tracking is far more important and it is not even close IMO) this team is head and shoulders the best in the biz.

And oh Historical stat tracking is the #1 priority for 16. So we have that to already look forward too and 15 is not even out yet.

Do I hope retractable roofs get in the game? Of course it adds to the realism. But those that consider it game breaking I think are just taking things way too far. You can argue about historical stat tracking being far more of a detriment since baseball is a statistical game at it's soul. But roofs? Come on man. I get it...it's important to some but to the majority it is a grain of salt compared to stat tracking.

The game plays amazing. I can support this title year in year out with 100% confidence they are always improving and building this game each and every year.

It is the only sports title I buy every year, no question.
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #36
Rookie

I guess the fortunate one who got invited to San Diego doesn't play online. Or for some completely unrelated (smoozing-cough) explanation, doesn't care all too much to bring up why the servers in 2015 are so lackluster.

But I'm a BIG fan of this game, always have been, offline. I think it stands up to any sports game offering. But if the market is trending towards online play, can San Diego bank on the offline players to continue to carry the franchise? And for the record, I don't care about retractable roofs. It's not like real life Houston here. And I hope they never put in rain delays. Prior or during a franchise game. Improve on the tagging up issues where runners don't want to go to third on deep flys to right center, and I'm good. And less squeeze bunts for the love of god. Or at least have them result in the accurate amount of foul tips.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #37
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
I guess the fortunate one who got invited to San Diego doesn't play online. Or for some completely unrelated (smoozing-cough) explanation, doesn't care all too much to bring up why the servers in 2015 are so lackluster.

But I'm a BIG fan of this game, always have been, offline. I think it stands up to any sports game offering. But if the market is trending towards online play, can San Diego bank on the offline players to continue to carry the franchise? And for the record, I don't care about retractable roofs. It's not like real life Houston here. And I hope they never put in rain delays. Prior or during a franchise game. Improve on the tagging up issues where runners don't want to go to third on deep flys to right center, and I'm good. And less squeeze bunts for the love of god. Or at least have them result in the accurate amount of foul tips.
I play online fairly consistently (so does Nem I think), so online is indeed a huge concern for many of us who participate in CD events. That doesn't necessarily mean we can always test online gameplay in any meaningful manner in an environment like CD, as a lot of online-specific issues start happening only in production environment.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #38
MVP

rjackson's Arena

Like I've said before, I used to think that retractable roofs are not a big deal. I'd agree with A&S completely a year ago.

After seeing Minute Maid Park for the first time last year and then trying to play a game there, it does have an affect. There are plenty of other teams I like and I don't live in Houston, but I can now see why it is a big deal to someone who is a big fan of theirs to not be able to run a franchise with them. To that minority, it can be a game breaker. To me, personally, it isn't.

As somebody else said in another thread - this game is pretty darn amazing when the only stuff we can find to complain about are attention to detail type stuff (like stats, roofs, signs in parks, et cetera).
Old 02-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #39
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
Yeah, you found us out! We all sat around the room and praised them on how fantastic online was in 14. You might want to temper down the uniformed opinion!
Old 02-12-2015, 03:11 PM   #40
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Yeah, you found us out! We all sat around the room and praised them on how fantastic online was in 14. You might want to temper down the uniformed opinion!
lol I think the opposite of what braves 94 thinks might actually be closer to the truth.
I imagine when Sony San Diego sees the bunch from OS arrive at their door, they think "Oh lord, here we go again".

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »