Home

MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight 3/31

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight 3/31 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
No you download the whole 40+ GB. Its not compressed. 99% sure on this.
I think the disconnect here is that you can play part of the game while the rest is downloading - and 21 GB sounds like it might be about the size it would take for the base game assets to be installed. The remaining parts of the game (the modes, team and stadium files, full audio etc) download and install as you play.

I don't believe any of it is compressed, either.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #74
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight

re downloading 14 is reminding me how ****ty Sony's servers are. It shouldnt take 30 minutes to download 5GB with these speeds.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 0

I really can't remember it being 40 gig I had it downloaded in 4 hours last year no way could I download 40 gig that fast now.. the PS3 was about 16 gig, as I said I am pretty certain it was about 24 gig then when installed it was 40+ gig, it was split into 2 parts too about 13 gig each. then there was the manual another separate download
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #76
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
re downloading 14 is reminding me how ****ty Sony's servers are. It shouldnt take 30 minutes to download 5GB with these speeds.
Keep pausing and starting the download, it will open up and download in a few minutes. I have no idea why it works but it does.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #77
Banned

Ok thinking back I think it was 40 gig. I am getting the PS3 version confused with the ps4, I remember now the ps4 version was almost 24 hours late, and in Australia I woke up the next morning and seen that finally it was up on PSN so I left it downloading when I went to work and then came back home it was done, so I never really played a game while it was downloading because it did everything in 1 hit.

so yeah sorry memory is fuzzy on this one getting it mixed with the ps3 that was the only that took me 4 hours lol
Old 02-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #78
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
I really can't remember it being 40 gig I had it downloaded in 4 hours last year no way could I download 40 gig that fast now.. the PS3 was about 16 gig, as I said I am pretty certain it was about 24 gig then when installed it was 40+ gig, it was split into 2 parts too about 13 gig each. then there was the manual another separate download
It downloads the first 5GB then you can launch the game and play as the two WS teams while it downloads the remaining teams and modes.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:47 PM   #79
Banned

Yep you were right, my bad. I never got to play the game after the first 5 gig because I was at work, I remember now what happened the game was delayed by a good 17 hours, so I had to wait till the next day after work.

Pre Loading will solve this problem this year.... but.... if you can play the game after 5 gig this year that wouldn't happen because pre loading would be 2 days before the release date correct? so it's kinda pointless now to be able to play the WS teams while it's downloading. unless thats for installing?
Old 02-11-2015, 08:56 PM   #80
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
Yep you were right, my bad. I never got to play the game after the first 5 gig because I was at work, I remember now what happened the game was delayed by a good 17 hours, so I had to wait till the next day after work.

Pre Loading will solve this problem this year.... but.... if you can play the game after 5 gig this year that wouldn't happen because pre loading would be 2 days before the release date correct? so it's kinda pointless now to be able to play the WS teams while it's downloading. unless thats for installing?
Ive heard after the preload you still have to install once the game goes live. I didnt think you had to so idk which is true. But yes the initial downlaod before you can play wont matter for preloads unless you have to install.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »