Home

MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #137
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed

Why do people keep saying that companies have to pay for brands to be in their game?

Has this been confirmed? Seems like pure speculation to me.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:45 PM   #138
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed

Quote:
  • Franklin®
  • Louisville Slugger®
  • Nike®
  • Under Armour®
  • Wilson®
  • Rawlings®
  • Sam Bat®
  • Mizuno®
  • Marucci®
Love seeing all these brands... Just too bad New Balance cleats didn't make it in instead of Mizuno... Seems like a lot of players wear NB.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #139
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Why do people keep saying that companies have to pay for brands to be in their game?

Has this been confirmed? Seems like pure speculation to me.
Yes they do. If they did not it would be considered copyright infringement and then said company could sue SCEA on that basis. And ultimately win the case.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #140
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yes they do. If they did not it would be considered copyright infringement and then said company could sue SCEA on that basis. And ultimately win the case.
He's asking the other way around.

It's SONY(SCEA really....Sony doesn't pay for the branding/adverts/etc) that would have to pay these companies for their placements I believe.
I know it's that way with the equip from speaking with Kirby_SCEA at the events.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #141
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
While you may be right. But those companies have people that run the number to see if it would be worth the cost. If you have to pay say 500k to have your logo in the game. You expect to have enough people buy the product to get that money back.

I think the other poster was saying, if they won't pay The Show to use their ads, why wouldn't they just give them the ads for free for free advertising purposes?

You'd think the people running those numbers would say, "so at no or at least very little cost to us, half a million people will be seeing ads for our products all the time? (SCEA hands Company the player data) We're in!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #142
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Love seeing all these brands... Just too bad New Balance cleats didn't make it in instead of Mizuno... Seems like a lot of players wear NB.
Yea NB got some slick baseball cleats/turfs..love the ones Pedroia always has

Last edited by BravesBoy; 02-11-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:04 PM   #143
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
He's asking the other way around.

It's SONY(SCEA really....Sony doesn't pay for the branding/adverts/etc) that would have to pay these companies for their placements I believe.
I know it's that way with the equip from speaking with Kirby_SCEA at the events.

M.K.
Knight165
OK then the answer would still be yes because The Show would be promoting all of these brands and companies in the game and it could cause someone to buy that company's product. And if they didn't pay to have it in the show then it would be free advertising for said company. And I don't think Sony would be to happy with that.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:19 PM   #144
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

That's a MAJOR coup snagging the Splendid Splinter!
The only one minor change I would have made would be to choose 2 or 3 more pitchers. Can't wait to get Niekro's knuckleball dancing around. That and Nolan Ryan's heater.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »