Home

NBA 2K15: The Park's Scoring Needs To Change

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: The Park's Scoring Needs To Change within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-11-2015, 01:29 PM   #9
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NBA 2K15: The Park's Scoring Needs To Change

Like the thinking here. I'll def. discuss with team.

Quote:
What they need to fix is the 7'3" C that are the best at everything, dribbling, 3pt shooting, etc.
Believe me, we've broken it down many times with the dev. team. They're very aware and I'm confident this should be the last year you see this type of thing.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 02-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #10
Rookie

iimrampage28's Arena

OVR: 2

Well to be fair...the reason people kick out for another three is the ABYSMAL layup system this year. it makes you miss alot of those "safe put back layups"...

Los Angeles Lakers | New Orleans Saints | Boston Red Sox | Jackson State Tigers
Old 02-11-2015, 02:48 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
You think NBA 2k would of taken a page out it the NHL series on how to create a guy for online play. Yeah it's not perfect but it's a heck of a lot better then what 2k is doing. Oh well easy enough fix in the future
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #12
Banned

wat needs to be done is sperate the scoring avgs from the Park & Rec. its so stupid to have them both merge together
Old 02-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #13
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
We always played 1-2 point, regardless of height advantages or disadvantages. I find it funny that you think you "tricked" them...it was just always the standard where I played.
Word. Never played pick up basketball with 2's and 3's. Even in practice, we go for 1's and 2's most of the times.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #14
Rookie

TotesMaGotes's Arena

OVR: 1
The reason why the ball is kicked back outside in MyPark games isn't so that way people can keep heaving it up to try and land a three it's because if you get the ball down low standing and try to move or shoot or put the ball back up in any way eighty percent of the time it will get stripped because the game rewards those with the button mashing strategy.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:37 PM   #15
Pro

Playing as a max height C since my first myplayer years ago...

They need to reduce the speed of a max HT center. They also need to reduce the max height of all positions besides C, to make up for the lowered athleticism. Just because Giannias Ante on the bucks is 6'11 3/4s doesn't mean we should allow SFs to be 7'0"

Just quickly looking through the starting lineups, I found the average height for a SF is 80.37 inches, or 6'8" and some change. So Tell me why the average on 2k is probably 6'10-6'11? Only one SF is listed a 7'0", which is Ryan Kelly.

The ability to be a SF that can handle the ball like a PG, and also run the 5 ruins the game in my opinion, PGs should be smaller, Centers should be the tallest because on average in basketball that's how it is.

Now if we wanted to, maybe allow the SF to be 7'0" but reduce his abilities, he can't be the fastest, he can't be this or that... Make the height go into decision making rather than, let me make the guy out.

Source for info: http://www.rotowire.com/basketball/nba_lineups.htm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 04:37 PM   #16
Rookie

TotesMaGotes's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Like the thinking here. I'll def. discuss with team.

Believe me, we've broken it down many times with the dev. team. They're very aware and I'm confident this should be the last year you see this type of thing.
What about the 5'9 PG that posterizes everyone on the park? What about the the fact that if someone is already in an animation you can't attempt to block the shot(dunks and lay ups)? What about people just tapping steal and stripping the ball when you get a rebound? What about a game mode for people who like to join up with their friends and play with their MyPlayers but want to play a real game of basketball but don't have a full five to go to the rec center with and don't have half an hour to wait to get two randoms to come join only to have them hog the ball and try to dunk every time down the court without playing any defense causing the experience to be absolutely horrible?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »