Home

MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 03:33 PM   #129
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpkid12
I can't understand why these companies like Nike, UA, etc. (and any other company for that matter) feel the need to charge a game developer to use their logo in game. Yet, they will pay to have their logo placed in a TV broadcast. I would think these companies would want the free advertising. If you are Pepsi and you paid to have your logo up in Yankee Stadium, wouldn't it make sense to allow SCEA to use it in a game as well for free? Especially with the way MLB The Show is actually using some of these companies in the game as advertisements on the score banners and such. Seems like a win-win to let a video game developer use your logo. Am I alone here?
Could you imagine how much game developers would have to pay to make a NASCAR, or F1 racing game? With all of the primary, and secondary sponsors on all of the cars, and all of the billboards at the tracks. I know this is way off topic but your post just got me thinking about that.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #130
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed

People were complaining big time about name brands last year and now they have signed a deal with the devil - and here comes further commercialization into my beloved game. I bet a big part of the deal was how the equipment is presented - it looks like an ad for each one and each one has a big attribute jump because shoes make you run faster and jump higher. Be careful what you ask for...and please do some analysis before offering an opinion and then hiding behind "it is my opinion" when you haven't accumulated the facts necessary to create a well-informed decision. Alright, off the off-topic soap box and back to my normal self...
Old 02-11-2015, 03:41 PM   #131
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
People were complaining big time about name brands last year and now they have signed a deal with the devil - and here comes further commercialization into my beloved game. I bet a big part of the deal was how the equipment is presented - it looks like an ad for each one and each one has a big attribute jump because shoes make you run faster and jump higher. Be careful what you ask for...and please do some analysis before offering an opinion and then hiding behind "it is my opinion" when you haven't accumulated the facts necessary to create a well-informed decision. Alright, off the off-topic soap box and back to my normal self...
I have seen shoes make someone faster tho

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I have seen shoes make someone faster tho

Heroes are remembered, legends never die.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:10 PM   #133
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed

So I watched this video on my tv now instead of my phone and damn those menus look sleek! We've come a long way the last 2 years.

Last edited by LastActionHero; 02-11-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:13 PM   #134
Rookie

corpkid12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Well what they are doing now allows them to be make billions of dollars a year. Why would they change whats working?
I'm just thinking that if you are sitting on the couch watching a baseball game and see a Fritos add on the outfield wall, you may think about having a snack. Fritos will pay to be on that outfield wall but if a game developer comes along and wants to replicate a stadium, Fritos is going to charge them to use their logo? That doesn't make any sense. I'd be begging to have free advertisement on the outfield wall of MLB the show. Do you know how many people sit there and spend hours of time seeing those adds? Fritos should be paying SCEA to put them in, not the other way around.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:17 PM   #135
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpkid12
I'm just thinking that if you are sitting on the couch watching a baseball game and see a Fritos add on the outfield wall, you may think about having a snack. Fritos will pay to be on that outfield wall but if a game developer comes along and wants to replicate a stadium, Fritos is going to charge them to use their logo? That doesn't make any sense. I'd be begging to have free advertisement on the outfield wall of MLB the show. Do you know how many people sit there and spend hours of time seeing those adds? Fritos should be paying SCEA to put them in, not the other way around.
While you may be right. But those companies have people that run the number to see if it would be worth the cost. If you have to pay say 500k to have your logo in the game. You expect to have enough people buy the product to get that money back.

And lets not forget that The Show isnt selling like FIFA, Madden or 2k. I dont think The Show even sells a million copies. Could be completely wrong on that though.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 02-11-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 04:36 PM   #136
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
George Brett - Kansas City Royals

While I can't be mad about having George, I'd love to see some Bo Jackson. He'd probably break the game though, since he'd be a 99 in every stat category possible.

Also, I have a few fun stories about Joe Carter:

I was at the All-Star Game in KC in 2012 and saw Joe Carter roaming the concourse by himself. Nobody was bothering him, nobody even paid him any attention. It was like nobody even knew who he was. I nearly went up to him but I figured he might be enjoying being just a guy at a baseball game. Plus, I didn't want him to get bombarded by people if they suddenly realized who he was. Same goes with Mike Sweeney. He was just waltzing around the concourse with his wife and kid like some random guy.

Also, back in the late 80s, Wichita State used to have alumni games with Home Run Derby's prior to them. Joe Carter (who went to WSU) was mashing 30+ HRs in the Show for the Indians at that time and he rolled into town and participated in said HR Derby. With a metal bat. Guy was pelting houses across the street from the stadium.

Also, if you've never been to Eck Stadium, that's a mammoth shot:

Spoiler

That's an old picture, but it shows the houses nicely.

Last edited by BA2929; 02-11-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »