Home

MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency

In our MLB 15: The Show preview podcast last week, I expressed my surprise at the lack of available information. At that time, we were nearly two months away from release, and most of what we knew came from online product pages.

Since then, we've been given a detailed fact sheet and a lengthy Twitch feed to digest. It was while watching the video feed that it occurred to me how unique the marketing of MLB 15 seems to be.

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency

Good read.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:27 PM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Well....I've always said it....and have taken flak for it...but this is why SCEA is the best dev team out there in many ways.....
Don't forget...before their first Community Day....nothing like that was ever done before. They put themselves out there the 7(8?) years ago when they contacted a handful of members of this website and invited us into the studios to both see the process and to relay info/suggestions in both directions between the studio and the gaming public. Unheard of at the time(and I remember how freaked out Ramone was in relation to how it was going to go off!)
SCEA has always gone the extra steps it takes to use the community in shaping their game to some extent and to be open about what they can/will do in changing the game to suit the gaming public.

Nice read.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Well said. The Show's team is really a bunch of pros. They listen to their fans, implement new features without taking out old ones. They constantly stack the deck and keep building a game full of options and features without taking away the core gameplay that some Show veterans (like myself) still utilize (Classic pitching, timed batting) in fact a perfect example of adding is directional hitting to the timed mechanic. They are not forcing on us. If you want to play timed the default way...you can. If you want to add in the directional user input you have that option.

And the communication with the community is second to none.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #5
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Amen! .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 03:45 PM   #6
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Feel free to ignore as I'm just thinking out loud but I've always wondered how much of your expenses SCEA covers for CD...very cool that they do that and listen/respond to us here.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
Great read! I've been consistently impressed by SCEA San Diego. They don't have huge budgets or multi-year development cycles, but they prove to truly care about what their fans think.

The unscripted moments in the Twitch feed humanizes these guys in a whole new way. It's why I really loved Nick Livingston's Twitch stream last Spring as well. He was honest, open and very casual about how they go about making the game. And when he didn't have an answer, he was up front about it. Super refreshing.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #8
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I think this dev team is great. You can see that they are passionate about the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »