Home

MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-09-2015, 02:30 PM   #385
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Is that an MLB restriction or just something they haven't implemented?

If it's MLB I wonder if totally fictional teams would be allowed to be in the league and move around. Like a more story based franchise mode. You start as a poor expansion team (limited resources, low quality facilities, meh stadium) then you move your way up by accomplishing goals (acquire or develop an allstar, develop a franchise player, win the division, win the World Series, campaign and win the rights to hold the allstar game, etc). All the way up to being a dynasty.
Yeah man... holy hell would that be sweet or what

Madden uses real cities [Los Angeles, Mexico City, etc] with fake names/logos/unis [Bulldogs, Knights, etc]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #386
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffensiveIndifferenc
That's a shame... all dirt infield would've been a nice upgrade.

Any idea on how in depth the franchise mode will be? I miss the days of MVP Baseball where you have to play in a stadium that starts small but grows as the team does. Also, any chance you can move and re-brand a team like this past year's Madden had? By far and away that was the best aspect of the game
There is a 0% chance of any of this happening.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-09-2015, 03:05 PM   #387
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
There is a 0% chance of any of this happening.
That sucks. Any particular reasoning why? I can't see the MLB halting a game mode with fantasy cities and teams.

Looks like The Show series will continue to be the only major sport I don't buy every year, but every other year. Hope they institute something like this for '16 then
Old 02-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #388
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Is that an MLB restriction or just something they haven't implemented?

If it's MLB I wonder if totally fictional teams would be allowed to be in the league and move around. Like a more story based franchise mode. You start as a poor expansion team (limited resources, low quality facilities, meh stadium) then you move your way up by accomplishing goals (acquire or develop an allstar, develop a franchise player, win the division, win the World Series, campaign and win the rights to hold the allstar game, etc). All the way up to being a dynasty.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was an MLB restriction, which I think it is. Because for some odd reason, which is unknown to me, the MLB did not want players to have their real contracts in the Show.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #389
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
That sucks. Any particular reasoning why? I can't see the MLB halting a game mode with fantasy cities and teams.

Looks like The Show series will continue to be the only major sport I don't buy every year, but every other year. Hope they institute something like this for '16 then
We had this discussion before. I was in the exact same boat as you. And the conclusion reached was that the MLB doesn't want their brand image hurt. You can read the debate here.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...se-mode-3.html

Last edited by redsox4evur; 02-09-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:14 PM   #390
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
We had this discussion before. I was in the exact same boat as you. And the conclusion reached was that the MLB doesn't want their brand image hurt. You can read the debate here.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...se-mode-3.html
OK cool, thanks for this... hey who knows, maybe we can get something like this soon. I can only imagine it as a natural evolution of a product that is already seeming stale in just it's second installment into the ps4 lifeline
Old 02-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #391
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
OK cool, thanks for this... hey who knows, maybe we can get something like this soon. I can only imagine it as a natural evolution of a product that is already seeming stale in just it's second installment into the ps4 lifeline
Read the whole thread because it doesn't seem like we will see anything like that for A LONG TIME!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 03:52 PM   #392
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Read the whole thread because it doesn't seem like we will see anything like that for A LONG TIME!!!
Yep, just did and replied to it. I'm not new to the site, but I'm new to the board and I had to register once I saw some of the talk for this year's game. I literally bought a ps3 just to play The Show in 2010 or so. I was shocked they didn't have a mode like this then but the game was the best baseball game I've played so it wasn't going to ruin the whole spectacle of it. But after four or five years now it's hard to get excited. Especially on the newer console... which is a mammoth bummer because there's nothing better than getting a new sports game on day one. I don't mind improvements to gameplay/lighting/etc when everything else is perfect... but when other aspects are yawning for implementation, or even just an upgrade [commentary and presentation], it's hard to toss $60 at it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »