Home

MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #377
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

I know they mentioned the dynamic shadows, will 3:05 games be different this year? Last year, they never had the lights on like they would at the beginning, and at some point in the game, the shadow stopped progressing. By the 7th or 8th inning, it should look like the beginning of a night game.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, the fact that they gave us a ton of info to sift through is a good problem to have, but will this year's game actually have such a transition?
Old 02-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #378
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
I know they mentioned the dynamic shadows, will 3:05 games be different this year? Last year, they never had the lights on like they would at the beginning, and at some point in the game, the shadow stopped progressing. By the 7th or 8th inning, it should look like the beginning of a night game.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, the fact that they gave us a ton of info to sift through is a good problem to have, but will this year's game actually have such a transition?
Its not anywhere near dark at 6 for 90% of the season.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #379
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Its not anywhere near dark at 6 for 90% of the season.
Right, but typically the field is covered in shadow, and the lights are on in this game. Also, if the game runs long, it might even have to transition into night. Though this would be more important in the playoffs:

Last year, a 3:00 game in October:

This is in the middle of a late-afternoon playoff game in 1997:

I suppose the fact that we get to worry about things like this illustrates just how spoiled we've been with this series over the years.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #380
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Are the updates to the Blue Jays infield in? Theres no more cut out this year, Its all dirt baselines.
What? They still have the cut outs, new turf but that is all.

Not the best picture but you can clearly see the cutouts.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:16 PM   #381
Rookie

That's a shame... all dirt infield would've been a nice upgrade.

Any idea on how in depth the franchise mode will be? I miss the days of MVP Baseball where you have to play in a stadium that starts small but grows as the team does. Also, any chance you can move and re-brand a team like this past year's Madden had? By far and away that was the best aspect of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 12:39 PM   #382
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffensiveIndifferenc
That's a shame... all dirt infield would've been a nice upgrade.

Any idea on how in depth the franchise mode will be? I miss the days of MVP Baseball where you have to play in a stadium that starts small but grows as the team does. Also, any chance you can move and re-brand a team like this past year's Madden had? By far and away that was the best aspect of the game
Cant move or change team names.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #383
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Cant move or change team names.

Is that an MLB restriction or just something they haven't implemented?

If it's MLB I wonder if totally fictional teams would be allowed to be in the league and move around. Like a more story based franchise mode. You start as a poor expansion team (limited resources, low quality facilities, meh stadium) then you move your way up by accomplishing goals (acquire or develop an allstar, develop a franchise player, win the division, win the World Series, campaign and win the rights to hold the allstar game, etc). All the way up to being a dynasty.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:16 PM   #384
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Is that an MLB restriction or just something they haven't implemented?

If it's MLB I wonder if totally fictional teams would be allowed to be in the league and move around. Like a more story based franchise mode. You start as a poor expansion team (limited resources, low quality facilities, meh stadium) then you move your way up by accomplishing goals (acquire or develop an allstar, develop a franchise player, win the division, win the World Series, campaign and win the rights to hold the allstar game, etc). All the way up to being a dynasty.
I believe there are some things MLB wont allow them to do. Not sure if that is one of them or not. But if it is MLB saying they cant move or change names i would assume MLB wouldnt want any fake teams either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »