Home

MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-07-2015, 10:04 AM   #369
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Well, that's good enough for me I guess. I'd really like to get rid of the yellow indicators though. Did you feel like (when using directional hitting) you had to pre-determine where you were looking for the ball? I really don't like that.

I like seeing the pitching and going with it.

I know some people will argue that that's not how baseball works. But I disagree, at least to some extent. I'm not going to give my baseball resume, but let's just say that I know a thing or two about the game. There are, at times, situations where you're looking for a specific pitch in a specific location, sure. Obviously hitters' counts. You can look for that one pitch, in that one location. But I like to be able to recognize the pitch and hit it where it is. Given, if I'm looking for offspeed low and away and I get busted up and in with a high 90's fastball, chances are I'm not going to pull the ball with power. But having an approach where the count is 1-1, or even full, it's nice to kind of look middle of the plate and adjust to where and what kind of pitch is thrown. I hope directional hitting allows for this.

*This point (at least the latter part) was not directed toward you. So please don't take it the wrong way. I saw some earlier comments from some people that basically told me how hitting works in real life. And again, I don't need such an explanation.
Your approach for this mechanic confuses me. You can move it around as you like as you described but to me using it with a zone hitting mindset is a mistake imo. The mechanic is directional hitting, if I am trying to induce a fly ball to get a sac fly I am pushing up. If I follow your approach and the ball comes in low I should be pulling it down which most likely is going to create a ground ball. At the event I used like a situational tool, coming to the plate with a plan to move runners over, sac flys etc.

Like I said you can use it however you like and I am really just offering general knowledge to the forum on how the mechanic was meant to be used by coming to the plate with a plan to get a desired result. For the record I like no camera shift as well.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #370
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

my lord why is it so hard to find this footage?

that twitch link reads error.

i wanna see this
Old 02-07-2015, 02:29 PM   #371
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Misse...

http://youtu.be/2dsLiSTkVBk
http://youtu.be/PK-14364AhE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2015, 06:00 PM   #372
Rookie

BuckeyeBoyd's Arena

OVR: 3

Love the player speed changes! I've seen far too many balls caught that should have fell. You have to perfectly split the gap to even have a shot at extra bases. I'm all for anything and everything that makes the game more realistic. Proper hat and shoe sizes are secondary. I'm concentrating on Kershaw dropping a yellow-hammer on me, not if the SS has his bill tilted like he does when the shadows move in at 4 p.m. during a late afternoon game. This game brings that plus all the extra little cosmetic touches. I applaud the team that develops this experience and I thank them for "getting it", then delivering. I'm finally buying a PS4 in anticipation of their 2nd effort on it.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:50 PM   #373
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoyd
Love the player speed changes! I've seen far too many balls caught that should have fell. You have to perfectly split the gap to even have a shot at extra bases. I'm all for anything and everything that makes the game more realistic. Proper hat and shoe sizes are secondary. I'm concentrating on Kershaw dropping a yellow-hammer on me, not if the SS has his bill tilted like he does when the shadows move in at 4 p.m. during a late afternoon game. This game brings that plus all the extra little cosmetic touches. I applaud the team that develops this experience and I thank them for "getting it", then delivering. I'm finally buying a PS4 in anticipation of their 2nd effort on it.

Dragons! Nice avatar.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 02-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #374
Rookie

I hope (since they've been doing a lot with lighting) that in night games nearby buildings have some windows with lights on. The all lights off look of past games is a little dead and post apocalyptic for my taste haha.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:57 AM   #375
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

"Expect less warping and no more sudden, unrealistic speed boosts in all fielding animations"

Sorry haven't had a chance to go through all the posts/new info yet(got some reading ahead of me) but was anything mentioned about catchers reactions being toned down in regard to the above quote.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #376
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Nem addressed this on the second page of the gameplay thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=828411
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
"Expect less warping and no more sudden, unrealistic speed boosts in all fielding animations"

Sorry haven't had a chance to go through all the posts/new info yet(got some reading ahead of me) but was anything mentioned about catchers reactions being toned down in regard to the above quote.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »