Home

MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (High Resolution)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (High Resolution) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-07-2015, 11:56 AM   #41
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (High Resolution)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
He really said that?

Then perhaps they are waiting until they create brand new player models for the game?
Yes, someone brought up last year and he said it wasn't changing anytime soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #42
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Weird...I must say its becoming a real eyesore. Even the managers in the dugout are sweating like crazy!
Old 02-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #43
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Does anybody think the grass/turf texture looks as good as Madden so far or better or worse so far from what you have seen? I think it looks pretty good so far!
I can't compare it to Madden but I think the colors of the turf and soil are going to be closer to their real MLB counterparts. Texture as a whole will not be totally accurate, in studying the turf in the stadiums it looks like there is one grass model used. In real life there is a blend of grass varieties and different ballparks will have certain types based on their geographic locations. These grasses are called cool and warm season grasses. Depending on the variety they have different texture, blade width size and all reflect light differently based on their cuticle, which is the waxy layer on the grass blade itself. All those components together is what gives these ballparks around the MLB their look besides mow patterns etc. The most common cool season grass you will see in ball parks is Kentucky Bluegrass and the most common warm season used are varieties of Bermuda grass. The Astros use a different type grass called Paspalum because this grass can take shade when the roof is closed.

While the colors of the soil match much better this year, the texture of the soil is most off in appearance to me. The best analogy I can come up with is the soil looks like a smooth finished table with crumbs(representing the disturbed dirt clumps) sprinkled on top. The two textures are two far removed from each other. Those dirt clumps are components of the existing surface so they should have similar texture visually. I am sure it is hard to replicate but that is the biggest disparity I see.

Overall visually things have improved and are closer in color to the real parks.

Last edited by nemesis04; 02-07-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #44
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Yup. They still have the splotches in the grass though, but it might be less noticeable because of the contrast in the grass patterns (except AT&T Park, which has one solid color throughout).

Waiting to see how the Chase Field walls might have changed after they talked about the Fenway wall's variance, etc.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #45
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
While the colors of the soil match much better this year, the texture of the soil is most off in appearance to me. The best analogy I can come up with is the soil looks like a smooth finished table with crumbs(representing the disturbed dirt clumps) sprinkled on top. The two textures are two far removed from each other. Those dirt clumps are components of the existing surface so they should have similar texture visually. I am sure it is hard to replicate but that is the biggest disparity I see.
This exactly, (great in depth about the grass by the way) they say a picture says more than a thousand words well this picture shows exactly what Nemesis describes.

I hoped they would finally upgrade the dirt in 15 but by the way you describe it this is not the case unfortunately. You can upgrade the textures to a higher resolution texture all you want but it still looks flat (with some bread crumbs).
This should be more of a reference...

It's not extreme but definitely not a flat carpet.

Last edited by LastActionHero; 02-07-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2015, 03:11 PM   #46
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
He really said that?

Then perhaps they are waiting until they create brand new player models for the game that may include new body types, better cloth physics and new sweat free hats
One can only hope

Old 02-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
This exactly, (great in depth about the grass by the way) they say a picture says more than a thousand words well this picture shows exactly what Nemesis describes.

I hoped they would finally upgrade the dirt in 15 but by the way you describe it this is not the case unfortunately. You can upgrade the textures to a higher resolution texture all you want but it still looks flat (with some bread crumbs).
This should be more of a reference...

It's not extreme but definitely not a flat carpet.

Seems like what they need is some tessellation and bump mapping to bring a little volume to the dirt.

Last edited by Jimmydm90; 02-07-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #48
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Seems like what they need is some tessellation and bump mapping to bring a little volume to the dirt.
I'm sure they tried it and the framerate went to a halt. Combined with the grass blades and crowd models, it will take a lot more optimizing or processing power for them to get to this point.

In time we might have it, but obviously this upcoming installment will not be that time.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »