Home

MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-07-2015, 12:51 AM   #361
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Nice observation and you're right. However, I have to say I don't like the way the camera shifts slightly when you choose a different spot. Hopefully there's an option to turn that off as well as the yellow indicators. I'd like for this to be a kind of behind-the-scenes aspect of hitting.

The option wasn't working with the builds we were testing at the time, but in the gameplay settings there is an option to turn off the slight camera shifts while choosing the direction in Directional Hitting mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2015, 01:11 AM   #362
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
The option wasn't working with the builds we were testing at the time, but in the gameplay settings there is an option to turn off the slight camera shifts while choosing the direction in Directional Hitting mode.
Well, that's good enough for me I guess. I'd really like to get rid of the yellow indicators though. Did you feel like (when using directional hitting) you had to pre-determine where you were looking for the ball? I really don't like that.

I like seeing the pitching and going with it.

I know some people will argue that that's not how baseball works. But I disagree, at least to some extent. I'm not going to give my baseball resume, but let's just say that I know a thing or two about the game. There are, at times, situations where you're looking for a specific pitch in a specific location, sure. Obviously hitters' counts. You can look for that one pitch, in that one location. But I like to be able to recognize the pitch and hit it where it is. Given, if I'm looking for offspeed low and away and I get busted up and in with a high 90's fastball, chances are I'm not going to pull the ball with power. But having an approach where the count is 1-1, or even full, it's nice to kind of look middle of the plate and adjust to where and what kind of pitch is thrown. I hope directional hitting allows for this.

*This point (at least the latter part) was not directed toward you. So please don't take it the wrong way. I saw some earlier comments from some people that basically told me how hitting works in real life. And again, I don't need such an explanation.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-07-2015, 01:25 AM   #363
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Well, that's good enough for me I guess. I'd really like to get rid of the yellow indicators though. Did you feel like (when using directional hitting) you had to pre-determine where you were looking for the ball? I really don't like that.

I like seeing the pitching and going with it.

I know some people will argue that that's not how baseball works. But I disagree, at least to some extent. I'm not going to give my baseball resume, but let's just say that I know a thing or two about the game. There are, at times, situations where you're looking for a specific pitch in a specific location, sure. Obviously hitters' counts. You can look for that one pitch, in that one location. But I like to be able to recognize the pitch and hit it where it is. Given, if I'm looking for offspeed low and away and I get busted up and in with a high 90's fastball, chances are I'm not going to pull the ball with power. But having an approach where the count is 1-1, or even full, it's nice to kind of look middle of the plate and adjust to where and what kind of pitch is thrown. I hope directional hitting allows for this.

*This point (at least the latter part) was not directed toward you. So please don't take it the wrong way. I saw some earlier comments from some people that basically told me how hitting works in real life. And again, I don't need such an explanation.

I'm not 100% sure about the option to turn off the yellow indicators (though I remember trying to learn the way to do it... because it's obviously some "purists" might want to do), but I actually don't remember being able to turn it off completely... I hate aging and loss of memory that goes with it.....

I think those who prefer that hitting approach you just described won't be disappointed by Directional Hitting, though I think it really depends on how you think the game should tie your intention, input, reaction, and results altogether. But the directional hitting method itself should work just fine for your kind of approach.

I'm not sure if we will have a community week impression thread, but if there will be one, I'd prefer to write a more coherent impression there in one place, so I won't go in detail just yet.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:50 AM   #364
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I'm not 100% sure about the option to turn off the yellow indicators (though I remember trying to learn the way to do it... because it's obviously some "purists" might want to do), but I actually don't remember being able to turn it off completely... I hate aging and loss of memory that goes with it.....

I think those who prefer that hitting approach you just described won't be disappointed by Directional Hitting, though I think it really depends on how you think the game should tie your intention, input, reaction, and results altogether. But the directional hitting method itself should work just fine for your kind of approach.

I'm not sure if we will have a community week impression thread, but if there will be one, I'd prefer to write a more coherent impression there in one place, so I won't go in detail just yet.
Thanks for your feedback. SCEA does such a good job with options that, to be honest, I'd be quite surprised if there's not an option to turn it off. We'll see soon enough I suppose.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-07-2015, 01:56 AM   #365
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback. SCEA does such a good job with options that, to be honest, I'd be quite surprised if there's not an option to turn it off. We'll see soon enough I suppose.
And come to think of it, not being able to turn the visuals off may be a problem in multiplayer head-to-head games... but in any case I cannot answer that part definitively myself... sorry. Hopefully nem/thaSLAB/Ramone could help you in the CD Q&A thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2015, 07:29 AM   #366
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I went on Twitch on my PS4 didn't see an archive of the Show 15 stream! Does anybody know if it's on there? I can't view it on my Kindle Fire on Twitch via Operation Sports : - (
D'load the dolphin web browser you can.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:28 AM   #367
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream - Archive Available Now if You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
To touch on this.......I think this is happening because SCEA uses the average day/night temps......but I've been doing some research on weather underground and looking at the 7PM starts compared to the nighttime avg....it is off.
If anyone has a specific city they feel is way off...and would like to document this by checking the game time start temp and sending me the info...I will get it to SCEA and hopefully they can check on this.
I say this...because I know from experience...just saying...."it's not right" and actually giving data to show..."it's not right"...means a big difference in getting them to look and and possibly change things.

I did N.Y. by checking 4 days of each month and compiling the data....I've just been really busy to go through more right now...and time is tight(maybe even too late...) for them to look at this for '15.

M.K.
Knight165
Anaheim, CA is way, way off. I'm not gonna pull the proof, but I go to around 20 games a year & the temperature for 7pm games is high 70's or hotter for at least 80% of the season if not more. I went to 2 playoff games, & even in October it was cooking outside. Winter is the only time of year in So Cal that it'll be cooler than 60 in the evening.

Edit: just checked the weather for the week of September 28 thru October 4 2014. The lowest temperature was 61 degrees. Anaheim is not cold during baseball season!! I've been saying this for a few years now.

Last edited by Nando12; 02-07-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:01 AM   #368
Rookie

OVR: 4
Let's get the career stats fixed and player models improved before we worry about minute things like temperature. No offense to anyone and I mean that sincerely, but some of the things discussed here need to be address at the very end. I feel like the gameplay, franchise mode and online need much more attention than retractable roofs, amounts of rain, temperature, grass texture etc. If you have a car that needs engine repair, do you go and buy new rims??

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »