Home

MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-06-2015, 07:00 PM   #329
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Goes to show you how easy it is to satisfy me, I'm stoked for the slide-step. First time it's been in a game since All Star Baseball.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #330
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

I love the part about bringing down the speed of slower players. But, stickler that I am, one thing I really hope to see going forward is for faster players to have different run animation cycles than slower players.

It just doesn't look right when you see Mike Trout bust down the line in all his Barry Allen-like glory, but really only only differentiation is a different character model to someone like David Ortiz. Same running lean, same gait, same balance rounding corners, but it's happening a lot faster.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:37 PM   #331
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Goes to show you how easy it is to satisfy me, I'm stoked for the slide-step. First time it's been in a game since All Star Baseball.
I am not sure I full understand this slide step thing...can someone elaborate please?
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 07:41 PM   #332

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
I am not sure I full understand this slide step thing...can someone elaborate please?
The Show has never had the slide step for the pitchers instead of the full knee lift. They added that this year.

It's a huge win.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #333
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The Show has never had the slide step for the pitchers instead of the full knee lift. They added that this year.

It's a huge win.
This is when a runner is on base and pitcher quickens his delivery to home plate right? I thought that was in last year. Is it just more pronounced now? Or is the motion completely different with the animation now so instead of the pitcher pitching from the stretch the slide step is more elaborate?
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Old 02-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #334

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
This is when a runner is on base and pitcher quickens his delivery to home plate right? I thought that was in last year. Is it just more pronounced now? Or is the motion completely different with the animation now so instead of the pitcher pitching from the stretch the slide step is more elaborate?
I was out of town all week and wasn't able to really follow everything but the way I understand it is that it is now variable. I believe in the past a pitcher would strictly use one or the other other regardless of where the runners were.

So a pitcher should use the slide with a runner on first (depending the runner) but probably doesn't need to with a runner on second or third.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:53 PM   #335
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I was out of town all week and wasn't able to really follow everything but the way I understand it is that it is now variable. I believe in the past a pitcher would strictly use one or the other other regardless of where the runners were.

So a pitcher should use the slide with a runner on first (depending the runner) but probably doesn't need to with a runner on second or third.
Correct. Typically you use it with a runner on first (particularly a known base stealer). I wonder though if they will also play out the loss of velocity when you use a slide step and make your fastball even more hittable.
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 07:53 PM   #336
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream - Archive Available Now if You Missed It

I came in here to discuss what was seen in the stream and read others opinions and all I've done is walk into a pissing contest.

Can I make a request? If you're just going to argue back and forth with someone and their opinion, can you please do so via PM's so the rest of us don't have to sift through it while trying to have a discussion?

Thanks!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »