Home

MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-06-2015, 04:45 PM   #321
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMaGotes
Maybe improvement on animations that are stiff? Maybe new animations or fix the old animations? Maybe actually put something new into the game? I don't think any of the "new" stuff they talked about in the stream was actually new. In older games of this franchise and others we have seen players take bad routes to balls, miss read balls in the air, we've seen players not hustle down the line on every hit, we've seen ball physics and wind and clouds that move....

10 years ago we had games that had dynamic weather, stadiums with retractable roofs that would actually open or close. Why should we settle? I know they're busting their butts working on this game but getting excited over a nike swoosh on shoes is what turned Madden into...Madden... This is a solid game year in and year out but why can't it get exponentially better with so much more power behind it? Last year was understandable why it was basically a port from PS3 to PS4 just with added beard length, we as the consumers who pay an outrageous amount for a video game and the consoles shouldn't have to settle, but really they know they don't have to please us.

It's the only MLB baseball game on the only console that offers a MLB baseball game. With the power of the PS4 we shouldn't see players skate around. Actually make the ballplayers look like athletes, not stiff, belly flopping robots. A lot of the same animations have been used since the PS2, I guess I'm not the kind of guy that really likes stagnation...
They did and have been up****** animations, please learn facts before posting, again nothing you posted will make the game look or play much different....

Half the stuff you posted is BS, players dont SKATE now...the show already had some of the best Animations and movement in a sports game. They have added and updated a lot of stuff......maybe you have not played the game in 5 years?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 05:17 PM   #322
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharebear420
I'm on the twitch app and it's not working. The spoiler tab isn't working either
I don't think the twitch apps allow you to watch archived videos for the same reason you can't watch them on your PS4. The archived videos still rely on Flash.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #323
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMaGotes
Maybe improvement on animations that are stiff? Maybe new animations or fix the old animations? Maybe actually put something new into the game? I don't think any of the "new" stuff they talked about in the stream was actually new. In older games of this franchise and others we have seen players take bad routes to balls, miss read balls in the air, we've seen players not hustle down the line on every hit, we've seen ball physics and wind and clouds that move....

10 years ago we had games that had dynamic weather, stadiums with retractable roofs that would actually open or close. Why should we settle? I know they're busting their butts working on this game but getting excited over a nike swoosh on shoes is what turned Madden into...Madden... This is a solid game year in and year out but why can't it get exponentially better with so much more power behind it? Last year was understandable why it was basically a port from PS3 to PS4 just with added beard length, we as the consumers who pay an outrageous amount for a video game and the consoles shouldn't have to settle, but really they know they don't have to please us.

It's the only MLB baseball game on the only console that offers a MLB baseball game. With the power of the PS4 we shouldn't see players skate around. Actually make the ballplayers look like athletes, not stiff, belly flopping robots. A lot of the same animations have been used since the PS2, I guess I'm not the kind of guy that really likes stagnation...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
They did and have been up****** animations, please learn facts before posting, again nothing you posted will make the game look or play much different....

Half the stuff you posted is BS, players dont SKATE now...the show already had some of the best Animations and movement in a sports game. They have added and updated a lot of stuff......maybe you have not played the game in 5 years?
Why do you continue to berate people who have valid opinions on what they perceive will make the game better?
Numerous posters on the last 10+ pages have stated how certain improvement of fluid animations would improve the game.
Even the guy who you just replied too stated how retractable or closed stadiums and weather would rightly make for a completely different experience.
But your answer was and I quote 'nothing you posted will make the game look or play much different'.
So you are honestly telling me that open stadiums play the same as closed stadiums?
Or that rain or strong sunlight has no affect on fielders behaviour?
I think it is you who is spouting the BS.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #324
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Why do you continue to berate people who have valid opinions on what they perceive will make the game better?
Numerous posters on the last 10+ pages have stated how certain improvement of fluid animations would improve the game.
Even the guy who you just replied too stated how retractable or closed stadiums and weather would rightly make for a completely different experience.
But your answer was and I quote 'nothing you posted will make the game look or play much different'.
So you are honestly telling me that open stadiums play the same as closed stadiums?
Or that rain or strong sunlight has no affect on fielders behaviour?
I think it is you who is spouting the BS.
How will closed stadiums make the game look different ?? LMAO people will still say "It looks like the same game", yeah it looks like a baseball game...

Also I never berated him, I called out his mis-information, they HAVE improvwd Shadows, Lighting engine, animations, how is that not improving how it looks? People are nit picking. I am talking about those who say every year "It looks like the same game", \WTF can they do to make it look drastically different? We are already nearing the diminishing returns of graphics, there is only so many tweaks they can do It looks and plays like baseball WTF do people expect?
Old 02-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #325
MVP

tnixen's Arena

I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to who ever gave Sony the idea to add back the team logos on the scorebug. And I also like that the number under Pitches is bigger and easier to read now. And no more "MLB The Show" logo either!!

This is the best scorebug yet!

The only improvement I can think of for the scorebug maybe in MLB 16 The Show would be to add the Pitchers last name somewhere on the scorebug near the Pitches font. Like how Fox Baseball does it with there fairly new scorebug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (33.0 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 02-06-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 06:42 PM   #326
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
How will closed stadiums make the game look different ?? LMAO people will still say "It looks like the same game", yeah it looks like a baseball game...

Also I never berated him, I called out his mis-information, they HAVE improvwd Shadows, Lighting engine, animations, how is that not improving how it looks? People are nit picking. I am talking about those who say every year "It looks like the same game", \WTF can they do to make it look drastically different? We are already nearing the diminishing returns of graphics, there is only so many tweaks they can do It looks and plays like baseball WTF do people expect?
No one said anything about the game looking different with closed stadiums?
What we are talking about is how the game plays in an open stadium versus in a closed stadium...which you seem to be conveniently avoiding.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #327
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Closed stadiums are a big deal not only in terms of game immersion but also in terms of lighting. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that lighting and shadows is different with the roof open than with the roof closed.

When I lived in Seattle and watched Mariners games, it was pretty clear that games looked different based on whether the roof was open or not, especially day games. This isn't reflected in The Show yet. The big problem is that most Mariners games are closed roof games instead of open roof games. So the majority of games in real life don't look the way they do in The Show (open roof games).

You may not understand this because you don't play with a team that has its roof closed most of the time. I didn't really either until I started a Mariners franchise. But shouting down other people and telling them their opinion is invalid isn't helpful.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:59 PM   #328
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Quote:

You bitch about things you don't like in one thread then CONSTANTLY reply to in a negative fashion to ppl that have their complaints in this thread!!
Get over yourself already!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »