Home

MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-06-2015, 10:31 AM   #273
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewochs615
Still not as cheap as Xbox one. You think Sony would at least match the price of its competitor
Good thing you don't run playstation..... X1 is already cheaper for a reason.... No one is buying it unless it is a lot cheaper then ps4. Sony had no need to drop yet, they are dominating ms especially worldwide.... All ms did was cause a temp spike in the US., Sony will drop it ww this year putting ms in an even worse position.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:34 AM   #274
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Good thing you don't run playstation..... X1 is already cheaper for a reason.... No one is buying it unless it is a lot cheaper then ps4. Sony had no need to drop yet, they are dominating ms especially worldwide.... All ms did was cause a temp spike in the US., Sony will drop it ww this year putting ms in an even worse position.
I would really like to pick up one with a larger hard drive. Any word on when/if they plan on releasing the console with the terrabyte sized hard drive?
Old 02-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #275
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I would really like to pick up one with a larger hard drive. Any word on when/if they plan on releasing the console with the terrabyte sized hard drive?
Doubt it will be anytime soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #276
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
You can easily replace the hard drive on ps4 with a larger one.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #277
Rookie

TotesMaGotes's Arena

OVR: 1
It might of been me, but the live stream was underwhelming. I know it was the first one and they were talking about a bunch of technical stuff but we really didn't get to see "Gameplay" we got to see Solarte hit a ball to the wall for 15 minutes straight. I know it'll get better but from the look of it yesterday the game doesn't look any different from MLB 14. I'm buying the game no matter what, and it'll get better the closer we get to drop date, but yesterday was just underwhelming, honestly.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:52 AM   #278
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMaGotes
It might of been me, but the live stream was underwhelming. I know it was the first one and they were talking about a bunch of technical stuff but we really didn't get to see "Gameplay" we got to see Solarte hit a ball to the wall for 15 minutes straight. I know it'll get better but from the look of it yesterday the game doesn't look any different from MLB 14. I'm buying the game no matter what, and it'll get better the closer we get to drop date, but yesterday was just underwhelming, honestly.
Ugh again.... How do you expect and yearly baseball game that already plays ad close to real as can be expected to look much different? Did you expect a shooter to break out?
Old 02-06-2015, 11:07 AM   #279
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Well, I knew there would be people nitpicking the stream and I wasn't wrong.

The bottom line as I see it is anything can be improved with unlimited resources, both in developers and hardware. Unfortunately no company has the unlimited developers and the PS4 is not as powerful as some want to believe.

So, decisions have to be made, priorities have to be set. The developers priority list may not match my priority list. My priority list may not match your priority list.

As a pretty avid gamer and visitor to more traditional gaming sites I can tell you that almost across the board peoples expectations of how much better the PS4 (and Xbox One) would be have been a little high. I can't count how often I have seen gamers complain about developers being lazy because they can't seem to hit 1080P and 60 fps for every game. Many, many games are sacrificing 60 fps and targeting 30 fps in favor of upgrading the graphics. Even Naughty Dog, the developer of some of the best looking PS games has recently stated that 60fps in Uncharted 4 may not happen. The game The Evil Within actually used letterboxing, supposedly to increase the cinematic quality in the game, but most believe it was to not tax the system.

Ramone mentioned that it took them many years to get the game looking as good as it did on the PS3 and that it would take them years to get the PS4 version as good as it can get. I believe him. I also believe that if you want better AI or uniforms that have more realistic textures or flap in the wind then something else is going to have to be sacrificed because at the end of the day the PS4, while more powerful than the PS3 is still not running top of the line hardware and still has limitations.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:14 AM   #280
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Well, I knew there would be people nitpicking the stream and I wasn't wrong.

The bottom line as I see it is anything can be improved with unlimited resources, both in developers and hardware. Unfortunately no company has the unlimited developers and the PS4 is not as powerful as some want to believe.

So, decisions have to be made, priorities have to be set. The developers priority list may not match my priority list. My priority list may not match your priority list.

As a pretty avid gamer and visitor to more traditional gaming sites I can tell you that almost across the board peoples expectations of how much better the PS4 (and Xbox One) would be have been a little high. I can't count how often I have seen gamers complain about developers being lazy because they can't seem to hit 1080P and 60 fps for every game. Many, many games are sacrificing 60 fps and targeting 30 fps in favor of upgrading the graphics. Even Naughty Dog, the developer of some of the best looking PS games has recently stated that 60fps in Uncharted 4 may not happen. The game The Evil Within actually used letterboxing, supposedly to increase the cinematic quality in the game, but most believe it was to not tax the system.

Ramone mentioned that it took them many years to get the game looking as good as it did on the PS3 and that it would take them years to get the PS4 version as good as it can get. I believe him. I also believe that if you want better AI or uniforms that have more realistic textures or flap in the wind then something else is going to have to be sacrificed because at the end of the day the PS4, while more powerful than the PS3 is still not running top of the line hardware and still has limitations.
(sarcasm)Oh, please, all they'd need to do to get all of the physics and textures we want would just be to have put in a separate Nvidia PhysX processor in. So elementary and cheap to do. Or even just overclock the existing hardware to "one point twenty one jiga-watts" (/sarcasm)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »