Home

MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-06-2015, 09:48 AM   #265
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Your loss, every game runs and looks way better on ps4, the controller is better, the OS is fast (Try going to the store on ps3 it's painfull, as are trophy syncing), ps3 has no party chat, streaming, share play, and on and on....GAme look way better in motion, I take it you have not played infamous, or drive club, it puts any thing on ps3 to shame. it's 399 not 500, and thats cheap for a new console.
You gotta buy a couple of games for the system so out the door you're looking at 500 at least. I'm gonna pick it up just don't see a major reason yet to get it. Ain't like the PS3 or the 360 are total trash and I have a decent backlog yet to get through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #266
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

I watched the whole video last night. I didn't think I would be able to sit through it all, but it was somewhat fascinating. I don't think most people can really appreciate what it takes to achieve something like this. Seeing that goes a long way to explaining why its not easy to 'just' change something. Everything hinges on something else, when you change one thing, you might have no idea what impacts it will have on other aspects of the game. Great job SCEA. To be this open and transparent with us is fantastic.

One thing I didn't directly see was if there was anything done with hits down the lines? I think the changes to ball physics and fielder speed/routes (and baserunner speed) might take care of this, but it always bothers me how most balls ripped down the lines end up being singles.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:03 AM   #267
Just started!

OVR: 0

I cant find any word if they are going to fix fans player jerseys so they're wearing jerseys with actual player names and numbers, rather than always seeing the "PLAYER" #0 on them.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #268
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Will we also be getting videos or is it just going to be the weekly streams?
I think they have 15 scheduled streams. I could be wrong on the number, but they have a lot planned. They still have blogs coming as well.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #269
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgaga
I cant find any word if they are going to fix fans player jerseys so they're wearing jerseys with actual player names and numbers, rather than always seeing the "PLAYER" #0 on them.
I'm guessing this is some sort of licensing issue.

I'm curious, does it show Kershaw's curveball from the pitcher's perspective at any point in this video?
Old 02-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #270
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream - Archive Available Now if You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
To touch on this.......I think this is happening because SCEA uses the average day/night temps......but I've been doing some research on weather underground and looking at the 7PM starts compared to the nighttime avg....it is off.
If anyone has a specific city they feel is way off...and would like to document this by checking the game time start temp and sending me the info...I will get it to SCEA and hopefully they can check on this.
I say this...because I know from experience...just saying...."it's not right" and actually giving data to show..."it's not right"...means a big difference in getting them to look and and possibly change things.

I did N.Y. by checking 4 days of each month and compiling the data....I've just been really busy to go through more right now...and time is tight(maybe even too late...) for them to look at this for '15.

M.K.
Knight165

I am working on a MATLAB code right now to quickly compile all the historical temperature data for each city. I should have it done by the end of the weekend...probably too late for this year's game but maybe could be used for next year.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:09 AM   #271
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I think they have 15 scheduled streams. I could be wrong on the number, but they have a lot planned. They still have blogs coming as well.
I thought Ramone said they were going to one per week until release and probably even beyond release?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #272
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitoon
One thing I didn't directly see was if there was anything done with hits down the lines? I think the changes to ball physics and fielder speed/routes (and baserunner speed) might take care of this, but it always bothers me how most balls ripped down the lines end up being singles.
Outfielders hug the lines too closely by default, they still haven't changed this. They did mention outfielders will take deeper angles instead of being able to cut it off straight, but until they develop a true momentum system in throwing there will never be a reason for them not to pursue it at that straight angle.

Also, I know I'll be going straight for the outfielder speed slider when this game is in my hands. Probably just darting too fast out there.

By the way, anybody miss the PiP baserunning window?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 02-06-2015 at 10:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »