Home

MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #217
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Starts in a Few Minutes, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I thought so as well but if you look above the outfield wall it has the new (and yet to be there in real life) scoreboard/big screen. So it can't be a real-life shot.
The inner picture (the part with the CSN scorebug) is from a real life broadcast. The outer portion is the video game, which is why you are seeing that mix.

The images were overlayed to show how closely they can now match the colors (Ramone explains this at around 8:15 or so).

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 02-05-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:46 PM   #218
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
One thing I noticed was that the ball marker was at the bottom instead of the top, I'm assuming that means if you want to throw a curveball in the dirt you literally aim in the dirt instead of just barely below the strike zone.
Yea, it seemed to show where the pitch would end up rather than where you wanted to "aim". I'm sure there's still variations in the location still but it was just something that stood out to me
Old 02-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #219
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
Did anyone else notice that the pitcher for the Dodgers that comes in after Kershaw has light skinned arms but a darker face and neck that doesn't match the arms?????? Hope this gets fixed.....
The price you pay when you get early looks at a work in progress. Don't sweat it.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #220
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

The only thing I guess I'm disappointed with is directional hitting. I, like many of us on here, were hoping that this would basically be MVP's hitting. It seems to me that this is simply the same thing as guess pitch which is already in the game. I really want the ability to change "where" you are swinging AFTER you press the swing button.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-05-2015, 10:55 PM   #221
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
The only thing I guess I'm disappointed with is directional hitting. I, like many of us on here, were hoping that this would basically be MVP's hitting. It seems to me that this is simply the same thing as guess pitch which is already in the game. I really want the ability to change "where" you are swinging AFTER you press the swing button.
It looks exactly like MVP's hitting to me.

I think you can use it to maneuver where you're guessing prior to the pitch if you want, sort of like pitch guess, otherwise you can just press it in a direction to "go with the pitch" as it's coming to the plate.

That's how it came across to me anyway.

edit: At about 16:35 in the video, you can see that Ramone is still moving the yellow indicators around the strike zone as the pitch is coming in. Even until the last second. Looks like you can look for a pitch in a zone and also "go with the pitch" as well.

Last edited by BA2929; 02-05-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 10:56 PM   #222
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:

This is not the same as guess pitch, watch the stream again!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:59 PM   #223
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Like always I will wait to play the retail build and try out all the new features and improvements before passing any judgement or forming any opinion.

I have to play the game to truly form my opinion.

Can't wait till the 31st of March!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOT!!!!!
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 02-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #224
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

They want the game as accurate as possible..when you go up to hit you think about where you want to hit it before you swing. Sometimes before you even get in the batters box. You don't swing then as you're swinging decide to push or pull it. I think how they have it is pretty darn good from what they've shown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »