Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #993
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

I find it curious that people who usually tend to push for presentation realism actually hope the HR celebration cam gets removed, but I think there are a few things that are getting kind of conflated.

I personally like HR cam for no-doubters, and don't have any issues with it, but I think the game decision on what to define no-doubters could be toned down a bit.

As for tipping HRs, I think more nagging issue is that in many HRs, the fielders actually give up on them too soon, effectively tipping whether a big fly is a HR or not. But this issue needs to be separated from the HR cam.

I always like to see more uncertainties in how fielders responds to batted balls (be it their initial step, taking paths to the ball, etc.), and plays around HRs are not exceptions.

For example, it would probably be fun to see something like a batter doing a no-doubter swing, start trotting down to 1B, and realize the fly ball doesn't carry as much as he thought, forcing him to start sprinting, only to get a double or even single. Similar stuff could be done on fielders too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
WaitTilNextYear, MLB Bob,

Something wrong with what I said to him?

Look, I never even mentioned my age, haven't done so since I don't know when. I can't understand why anyone would even make a negative comment about someone my age mentioning his age.
I've learned people's behaviors are often entirely different from how the same people act in real life. In general, for the sake of convenience and brevity people in forums tend to be a lot more blunt and disrespectful than they actually are in real life. Texting culture doesn't help either, since there are a lot of crappy writings generated from smartphones, making you suspicious of writers' intelligence. :P

I think it is best that people (on both sides) don't take anything personally, and if certain behaviors are not being perceived well, you should try being extra cautious while simply making points and move on.

Most people here don't really know each other, so even if things look like attacks, it's important to realize it's not really on you, but on specific behaviors people only see on a public place like this.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:09 PM   #994
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
In an ideal world, I'd like both camera shots. When it is a no doubter and the player knows it, I want to see the bat flip! I get excited with the HR cut scene going all Dick Vitale "Baby!". Plus, I just love a good bat flip. It would just add more to the game.

But, when it just makes it past a leaping outfielder's glove, I want the broadcast view...I want the suspense.

How about this one--Puig smacks one and the camera shows a no doubter scene...bat flip...jog to first...and the ball hits the wall/gets caught instead
!
that is my favorite memory of puig's career so far two playoff ago, granted he did get a triple, but he was all celebrating coming out of the batters box to have the ball fall just short. lol.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #995
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

Well while we're sorta on the topic, anyone remember this angle from the HR celebration cam?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jm33.jpg (39.9 KB, 154 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #996
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I find it curious that people who usually tend to push for presentation realism actually hope the HR celebration cam gets removed, but I think there are a few things that are getting kind of conflated.

I personally like HR cam for no-doubters, and don't have any issues with it, but I think the game decision on what to define no-doubters could be toned down a bit.

As for tipping HRs, I think more nagging issue is that in many HRs, the fielders actually give up on them too soon, effectively tipping whether a big fly is a HR or not. But this issue needs to be separated from the HR cam.

I always like to see more uncertainties in how fielders responds to batted balls (be it their initial step, taking paths to the ball, etc.), and plays around HRs are not exceptions.

For example, it would probably be fun to see something like a batter doing a no-doubter swing, start trotting down to 1B, and realize the fly ball doesn't carry as much as he thought, forcing him to start sprinting, only to get a double or even single. Similar stuff could be done on fielders too.
Well said! I agree.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #997
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I've learned people's behaviors are often entirely different from how the same people act in real life. In general, for the sake of convenience and brevity people in forums tend to be a lot more blunt and disrespectful than they actually are in real life. Texting culture doesn't help either, since there are a lot of crappy writings generated from smartphones, making you suspicious of writers' intelligence. :P

I think it is best that people (on both sides) don't take anything personally, and if certain behaviors are not being perceived well, you should try being extra cautious while simply making points and move on.

Most people here don't really know each other, so even if things look like attacks, it's important to realize it's not really on you, but on specific behaviors people only see on a public place like this.
Nope, I'm the same sweet, lovable, intelligent person in real life as well. In fact, unlike here, I don't have any outside enemies.

Here, unlike other forums I've frequented, people insult you, even a moderator brings forth insults! Now I can see if someone posts something that irks the crowd, there could be reason to reply and point out the "irkings". However, when there is no just cause for such "irkings", then I fail to see the justification for insults.

Interesting to note that if Kehlis had not jumped into the conversation, there was no need for me to say anything further. I was fine with Thanks for the response, but I still don't know what it means.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #998
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Not if there wasnt 5 more posts complaining about how people are responding to your original post and giving you suggestions on how and when the information you seek will be delivered after your first response.

This is exactly the issue. People feel the need to try make you understand their motives since you start questioning the people and not accepting or being patient for a developer to respond. A simple question you made that was answered, but did not meet you satisfaction because you still dont understand what a speed paradigm is, is now 10 pages long, disrupting a thread, again, to ask people to explain what youre doing wrong.

The best advice, get over it, wait for an answer and stop asking people to prove your interruptions as being done in malice. (Interruptions because questioning what you did wrong is not the thread topic) That act in itself is the problem. Stop. We get it, you did nothing wrong. The thread isnt called "Hi Im Cavicchi, I did nothing wrong and its up to the forum to prove I did before I stop asking what I did wrong" Its a thread about a game. We'll send ya PM when the answer comes out so you dont miss it.

Im sorry if you feel attacked but this happens with almost every thread you start posting in. The topic stops and the thread turns into proving what was
Show me the posts, my posts and to what I replied. Oh, the MLB Bob deleted his post.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #999
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Nope, I'm the same sweet, lovable, intelligent person in real life as well. In fact, unlike here, I don't have any outside enemies.

Here, unlike other forums I've frequented, people insult you, even a moderator brings forth insults! Now I can see if someone posts something that irks the crowd, there could be reason to reply and point out the "irkings". However, when there is no just cause for such "irkings", then I fail to see the justification for insults.

Interesting to note that if Kehlis had not jumped into the conversation, there was no need for me to say anything further. I was fine with Thanks for the response, but I still don't know what it means.
Then why derail the thread with the constant posts about what you did wrong? Just stop with the "everyones against me" mentality and move on and wait for the answer. This isnt the first time. Almost every thread turns into a court case of I didnt say this, I didnt mean that and Im being attacked. Which has nothing to do with the thread. If someone is breaking TOS on the page and harassing you report it dont air it out ont he forum for everyone to deal with.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #1000
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Show me the posts, my posts and to what I replied.
You want a good example....go search and find that "scouting thread"......you kept on and on saying how the ratings didn't equal 99 .....when I and others kept telling you that that is not how the potential OVR (ovr in general) is equated.
You kept asking for help....then just arguing when people were trying to help.
It wasn't the first time either.
THAT'S what kehlis was referring to.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »