Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet Impressions (Roundtable) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet Impressions (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
What do you mean its not realistic, or not the rules? If you're not past the 5th inning, you do have to replay the game in real life.
Wouldn't the game be suspended if it wasn't after 5th? Not be restarted?
Old 02-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #34
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
lol thats not realistic because not the rules??? Sure SCEA is testing, testing, testing and will make sure everything is correct before they just throw rainouts/double headers in
Uhhh, excuse me but, lol it is realistic. It was in the 3rd inning. If the game gets rainied out before being past the 5th you have to start over. If it's past the 5th it's called. So respectfully, you're wrong.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #35
MVP

No, I think suspended is only for tie games after 5th, or any score in playoffs. The old rule of having to replay a game before 5th inning is still in play to this day. I know because I remember Yanks games that happened in. Trust me on this one, lol, I have an amazing memory! I'm strange like that, but I haven't missed a game since I was 8 in 98, and I can remember things you wouldn't believe!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #36
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Uhhh, excuse me but, lol it is realistic. It was in the 3rd inning. If the game gets rainied out before being past the 5th you have to start over. If it's past the 5th it's called. So respectfully, you're wrong.
well you didnt state which inning my bad
Old 02-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #37
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
No, I think suspended is only for tie games after 5th, or any score in playoffs. The old rule of having to replay a game before 5th inning is still in play to this day. I know because I remember Yanks games that happened in. Trust me on this one, lol, I have an amazing memory! I'm strange like that, but I haven't missed a game since I was 8 in 98, and I can remember things you wouldn't believe!
I remember a game at Wrigley between Cubs/Cardinals back in about 03 or 04. The wind was HOWLING out to center field. I want so say the Cardinals were up 10-9 or 11-10 or something like that in the 4th inning when it got rained out.

Matt Clement was the pitcher for the Cubs, he was let off the hook, cause I think most, if not all, of the Cards' runs were charged to him. I can't remember who was pitching for the Cardinals. The game was rescheduled for a full make up and not suspended to be continued later. The pitchers rejoiced, the position players cursed.

Edit, found the game recap:
5/11/2003: The Cardinals were at Wrigley Field and a 23-MPH wind was blowing out to right field. In the bottom of the first, Moises Alou of the Cubs hit a 2-run homer off Brett Tomko to centerfield. In the top of the second, Albert Pujols hit a grand slam to leftfield off Matt Clement. Corey Patterson led off the bottom of the second with a homer to rightfield. In the top of the third, Tino Martinez hit a solo homer to leftfield. Troy O'Leary hit a 2-run homer to leftfield in the bottom of the third. In the top of the fourth, Martinez homered for the second time in the game. This time it went to rightfield and scored 3 runs. In the bottom half of the fourth, Alex Gonzalez hit a 2-run homer to leftfield. He was the last batter faced by Tomko. The game was rained out in the top of the fifth inning. The final count in this day's barrage: seven home runs and a score of 11-9 St. Louis ahead all lost to the weather.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 02-03-2015 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Found the game recap:
Old 02-03-2015, 03:50 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

MLB rule about regulation games:

WARNING HUGE BRICK OF TEXT FOLLOWS under spoilers

Spoiler

Rule about suspended games:
Spoiler

To put that into layman's terms, in the middle (meaning 1 out let's say) of bottom of the 5th if the home team is losing, or the game is tied, replayed. If the home team is winning, game over.

Last edited by redsox4evur; 02-03-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #39
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
One year too late. Would have loved to have had Jeters fist pump in the game.
Maybe not, if Jeter is the Yankee's representive for MLB Legends.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:57 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet Impressions (Roundtable)

I'm sorry but I have a question about franchise saves transferring from mlb 14 to 15. Will this feature work if you are using fictional roster and haven't finished the initial (2014) season? I just want to make sure before I put a lot of time in my current franchise. I hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »