Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2015, 11:43 PM   #897
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
Question about editable contracts, which is the feature I'm most excited for:

It says, "Editable Contracts (Franchise mode)". Does this mean you have to be in a franchise in order to edit the contracts, or can I edit the contracts at the Edit Roster portion of the Main Menu outside of Franchise, but it's only utilized when IN Franchise mode?

Thanks in advance for the response.
Can we get someone from SECA to give more information on this, if any? I'd really appreciate it. This is a huge deal for me. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
The way it sounds is you have to be inside franchise mode to edit the contracts. It's possible it could be in the player editor on the front end. We'll have to wait until they release more info.
Hopefully Ramone will give more info here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Doubt it. I don't even think there are contracts until loading the franchise mode. You haven't even been able to see them let alone edit them. That's how Totte was able to engineer real value contracts. Outside of franchise mode, he'd edit the players to be better or worse/alter their positions and then load the franchise mode (which would apply the contracts at that point) and then edit the players back to their normal ratings. It's a very tedious procedure, but the contracts stuck and there was hardly a better way.
I'm hoping it means the contracts only carry over into Franchise, not you have to edit them IN Franchise. If they don't carry to RTTS, that's not such a big deal.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:10 AM   #898
Banned

Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You could do this for a few years now......
Start your franchise......start like you're going to do a fantasy draft...BACK out before going to the draft(just choose yes on fantasy draft....then hit circle)...and viola!....all generated faces.

M.K.
Knight165
wow I had no idea on this thanks
Old 02-03-2015, 12:35 AM   #899
Pro

wow I can't believe I read right over the performance based player progression! Must've been so excited about the GM contracts and ability to have ur team get sponsored that I just totally missed it.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:58 AM   #900
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
No sir. He'll have the created face you made for him.

Basically they way it will work is whatever roster is in your save file will be the same roster carried over. No new face scans no updated rookies etc.....

Example:Brandon Finnegan will have an updated SCEA scan/Model in MLB 15. If you use a carry over save from 14 he will not. It'll be the same created player from your file in 14. Does that make sense?

If you want updated scans/models for players you'll have to start a brand new franchise in 15.
Yes I get that and like you are explaining it is how I assumed it to be.
Just saying it'd be nice if his scanned head would become available when editing players so that we could add it to his formerly created self on the old roster file we are using for our ongoing franchise.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

Last edited by geisterhome; 02-03-2015 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:43 AM   #901
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Did I read that Community Day (Week) is coming soon?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 07:55 AM   #902
Just started!

Anybody know if the new game will have a Fielding practice mode for RTTS specifically ?

I can't believe they haven't been having this in this game seems like a no brainer.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #903
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
wow I can't believe I read right over the performance based player progression! Must've been so excited about the GM contracts and ability to have ur team get sponsored that I just totally missed it.
You're not the only one that did this. I read it but didn't let it sink in fully as to what it meant. Very excited about this addition.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-03-2015, 08:30 AM   #904
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
The only problem I have with that solution is that not all the faces in the game look like the player themselves. If I had to choose, I'd go with keeping the same old photo on every player no matter what team he has. But I'm pretty sure that a lot of people were asking for that to be changed and that's why SCEA changed it to cyber faces, but that's okay.
I can kind of take it or leave it either way. If it has generated faces, I can live with that, if it has a real picture with the wrong hat on, I can live with that too. This is just one of those little things that doesn't bother me. I know it is big for a lot of people though. The big thing I wish they would bring back is the announcers going down the line and announcing the starters like they did in older versions.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »