Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet Impressions (Roundtable) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #9
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet Impressions (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
That's a good point. I rarely play any game online so I never gave much thought that you guys that do are paying for PS4 online play now. In my mind I still accepted Sony's less that stellar online experience because it was free even though I know on the PS4 you have to have the PS+ subscription.
with it being a Sony exclusive, one would think it should be a priority
Old 02-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #10
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm happy to see them add back in Franchise mode features lost after MLB 12. The experience should be more like NBA 2K15's MyGM mode. Only without any VC at all, just experience points.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:19 PM   #11
Rookie

xCULLO's Arena

OVR: 0
Trade Finder! Thank You!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #12
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

You're right guys, I somehow missed the commentary section on the fact sheet. Which is weird, because it's been my biggest complaint for as long as I can remember. Thanks for pointing it out!

With that being the case, I am one happy fan.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 02-02-2015, 04:14 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
You're right guys, I somehow missed the commentary section on the fact sheet. Which is weird, because it's been my biggest complaint for as long as I can remember. Thanks for pointing it out!

With that being the case, I am one happy fan.
No problem Ben. To be honest I want to see how different it is. And also I want to see what the new franchise mode will be like.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #14
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Dynamic progression/regression, editable contracts, directional bunting, all new speed paradigms for fielding and running and throwing, sounds game changing to me. Only hope is the graphical side of their game also has as much game changing boost, I'd say the chances of that also sound promising with all new grass and dirt setup to corresspond each ballpark, realtime player emotions on field and in dugout plus crowd reactions, honorable mention to their efforts to make up for SOTS by providing hrs of new music?. Players will me modeled with all new skin tones and texture, which is the most flawed current side to the graphics in my opinion, plastic looking skin models.

This is not overhype, these changes are legitimately worth taking a look at. On the downside, I guess the biggest thing to point your finger at, is the lack of retractable roofs and weather improvements. I would love to feel like wind and weather conditions were maxed out but looking at the list of items they addressed it legitimately is forgivable. I wish I could think of more downside because I like to remain hyper critical of my games so they keep improving but hell, they even have included new jumbotron videos which I requested personally months ago. I just can't wait to experience the full package and take a glimpse of their livestream.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 02-02-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:28 PM   #15
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Editable contracts got my immediate attention but this
Quote:
More than 70 new situational third out fielding animations
has me intrigued too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #16
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
Dynamic progression/regression, editable contracts, directional bunting, all new speed paradigms for fielding and running and throwing, sounds game changing to me. Only hope is the graphical side of their game also has as much game changing boost, I'd say the chances of that also sound promising with all new grass and dirt setup to corresspond each ballpark, realtime player emotions on field and in dugout plus crowd reactions, honorable mention to their efforts to make up for SOTS by providing hrs of new music?. Players will me modeled with all new skin tones and texture, which is the most flawed current side to the graphics in my opinion, plastic looking skin models.

This is not overhype, these changes are legitimately worth taking a look at. On the downside, I guess the biggest thing to point your finger at, is the lack of retractable roofs and weather improvements. I would love to feel like wind and weather conditions were maxed out but looking at the list of items they addressed it legitimately is forgivable. I wish I could think of more downside because I like to remain hyper critical of my games so they keep improving but hell, they even have included new jumbotron videos which I requested personally months ago. I just can't wait to experience the full package and take a glimpse of their livestream.
I think the lack of weather imrovements is one of the little things MLB The Show misses that breaks the immersion sometimes. Players' jerseys sag but never react to wind. I think this would give The Show a live and dynamic feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »