Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2015, 02:50 PM   #697
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
This, and it was all done in the middle of the night lol...

Anyway, look at it like this: those things probably weren't going to happen on PS3, unless something else was cut. There just wasn't the space (disc and memory) for that.

As for the PS4, they are still building it up to the amount of content that was in the PS3. Hence, the added stadiums, which still is less than what were in the previous gen version. They take time, and they still haven't had the luxury of a full year-on-year cycle for PS4. I'm sure it's possible, and even likely in the future, but just not high on their priority list. They do not have unlimited resources either... One thing I don't think people realize (and it should be appreciated with perspective), but the team for MLB The Show is more than half the size of the NBA2K team, and even less than that when compared to Madden. Just think about that. Yet, they are the most accessible development team in the industry, while arguably delivering the most authentic and enjoyable experience.
None of that has anything to do with why SCEA refuses to give us retractable roofs though.

...Just kidding. This fact sheet is incredible. Sure we all have our wishlist. Is there something else I would have liked to see added? Of course. But we got advancements in fielding (run physics, AI, a new tag system), pitching (pitch breaks, slide steps), hitting (ball physics changes), baserunning (AI and run physics), all in one development cycle? How can any baseball fan be anything less than thrilled?
Old 01-31-2015, 02:59 PM   #698
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
--- in an attempt to get the thread back on track

Did anyone else go through and re-read the fact sheet only to find something that you may have glanced over as you were reading the laundry list of facts, that got you even more anxious for the game to drop?

For me this morning it was radio show within franchise. Not sure how I didn't lock onto it when it was first announced but ....
Probably this one:

Quote:
Improved foul ball logic to allow for open-ended play-by-play on playable or nearly playable balls, prevents user from hearing calls that give away the result
Hopefully that's combined with not seeing the same "batter waving the ball fair" animation that always tips off a foul ball before it clears the wall.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:01 PM   #699
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't think you know what "tongue in cheek" means.
Had the wrong meaning. Don't know why. Good now.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:02 PM   #700
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Probably this one:

Hopefully that's combined with not seeing the same "batter waving the ball fair" animation that always tips off a foul ball before it clears the wall.
Yeah I'm excited about the commentary improvements as well.

Yeah hopefully that animation is either cleaned up or removed all together.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-31-2015, 03:03 PM   #701
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I didn't know if I should start a new thread and ask this question but I will just ask it in here. Since we will be able to pre-order The Show digitally next week. Do any of you guys think they will have the same problem as last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2015, 03:04 PM   #702
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I didn't know if I should start a new thread and ask this question but I will just ask it in here. Since we will be able to pre-order The Show digitally next week. Do any of you guys think they will have the same problem as last year?
That has been a topic of talk. Honestly, I dont think so. It will no doubt be pre downloadable, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:07 PM   #703
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
That has been a topic of talk. Honestly, I dont think so. It will no doubt be pre downloadable, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Definitely, the preload factor is huge as compared to last year's release.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:12 PM   #704
Banned

I can't find it if it's there..... anyone know if Russell said they fixed the Green Monster at bat number's along with the improvements they made otherwise? (Meaning, in 14, the number for the at bat jersey would always show the first number in both spots... i.e. Pedroia being number 15, the monster would show 11, etc...did they fix this?).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »