Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2015, 08:12 AM   #665
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

First off, wanted to say a couple of things I forgot with my critiques a couple of pages back, especially because upon re-reading it sounds a bit harsh (fair, though, lol)

1. Ramone does a great job managing the community here on OS. Very patient in answering questions--repetitive questions at that. Don't think you could do it much better than he is doing that job.

2. Really solid of SCEA to get the replay system in there already. Looking forward to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
The Show still sounds great! However with that being said,I'm very disappointed that you can still only play in the retractable roofs open and not closed! What is the deal with that? I know that has been a huge request from fans to have the option of playing with them closed or open! I'm very disappointed with that! It's not a deal breaker,but it is a huge let down! I wonder if there is ever going to a option for the retractable roof stadiums! Why is so hard for them to add that option! In the past it was because the last gen consoles weren't powerful enough or whatever! What gets me is they have done work to the stadiums doing this and that,but they can't after all of these years and countless requests by the fans my self included! I'm know I'm not in the majority on this either! Is anybody else out there that's disappointed like me? I hope they can give more info on the radio show and franchise mode,and that's another thing,they can put all these gimmicks and bells and whistles,yet they can't put a simple option to either play with the roofs open as well as closed! They have given you the option for years in Madden! Sorry to gripe about this,but it's very frustrating!
Quote:
I'm very disappointed they still don't give you the option of playing in the retractable roof stadiums with the roof closed! The upgrade the stadiums with other stuff,yet they can't make the retractable roofs closed and not just open! I know I'm not in the minority when it comes to that issue! I know that's that's a big request of a lot of gamers,yet they still don't after all of these years! How hard is it to do that? Madden has given you the option for quite awhile! It's not a deal breaker. Is anybody else on here that's very disappointed with retractable roof stadiums? Just curious to know.
Quote:
I'm very disappointed with the retractable roof stadiums still not give you the option of playing closed!
Quote:
They have been saying for years,maybe next year! Tired of not having a option of finally being able to play with the roofs closed to! I was really looking forward to having the the retractable roofs issue to finally be able to play with them closed! That really really sucks!
Quote:
Russell,why can't we finally have roofs closed on retractable roof stadiums? That's been a big request from gamers for many years now,yet the issue has not been fixed still! Is it to much to ask for you to finally fix the retractable roof issue! I'm starting to think you guys are never going to give to option open and closed roofs!
I'm sorry, but could you perhaps remind us all of what you'd like to see improved in the game?

Quote:
I'm sorry to sound stupid,but what is edible contracts lol?
It means you can finally eat them! 'Bout time SCEA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2015, 08:54 AM   #666
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Russell can you answer if Wrigley is going to have progressive Ivy growth as a few years back and if the wind is going to play a factor in the game like in years past? Thanks
Old 01-31-2015, 09:10 AM   #667
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10
If they had to pay or get permission from tatoo artists to use their work then the neck tats that guys like Felix, Yadi, prince etc have would not be in the game.
They may not be in this year. Last year on Madden was the first time that a player, Colin Kaepernick had his actual tattoo in the game and this question was raised as to whether the tattoo belonged to the player or the artist.

So if I was a betting man, I would say that you will not see tattoos on players at all this year and going forward.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-31-2015, 09:12 AM   #668
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Russell,why can't we finally have roofs closed on retractable roof stadiums? That's been a big request from gamers for many years now,yet the issue has not been fixed still! Is it to much to ask for you to finally fix the retractable roof issue! I'm starting to think you guys are never going to give to option open and closed roofs!
if you would search the forum and read through it, he answered the question as to why retractable/closed roofs haven't made it into the game yet.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:19 AM   #669
Banned

CJ10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
They may not be in this year. Last year on Madden was the first time that a player, Colin Kaepernick had his actual tattoo in the game and this question was raised as to whether the tattoo belonged to the player or the artist.

So if I was a betting man, I would say that you will not see tattoos on players at all this year and going forward.
1. It belongs to the person who's body it's on. You pay for it, it goes on your body, you own it.

2. Neck tattoos have been in the game for years now. If they take the time to edit them out of the necks to try and back up there "point" then that's their choice, but it's not some new law as of 2014 that tattoos belong to the artist. It would have been that way from day one and there would never be tattoos of any kind in any game, regardless of the company that's making the game or the budget they have.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:31 AM   #670
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
1. It belongs to the person who's body it's on. You pay for it, it goes on your body, you own it.
You are incorrect. If the tattoo is a creation of the artist, then the tattoo belongs to the artist.

Quote:
2. Neck tattoos have been in the game for years now. If they take the time to edit them out of the necks to try and back up there "point" then that's their choice, but it's not some new law as of 2014 that tattoos belong to the artist. It would have been that way from day one and there would never be tattoos of any kind in any game, regardless of the company that's making the game or the budget they have.
Again, read what I wrote. Last year was the first time that a player had his actual/authentic tattoo put into a game. First time ever. So for that reason, its my understanding that players will no longer have tattoos in the game due to the possibility of having an artist sue the developer of the game for using their art in the game without their permission or without compensating said artist.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:04 AM   #671

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Here you go:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5782...lin-kaepernick

If it belongs to the person it's on that's news to everyone else. Including judges.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #672
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Tbh, I would rather have better stat tracking, more records to break or a trophy case for awards than retractable roofs. Not even a priority in my book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »