Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2015, 12:28 AM   #649
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguychap
Just one real question will all of these features actually make it to the game? Because NBA 2k promised a bunch of features that never made the actual game. I know you guys aren't 2ksports, but I dont want want to get my hopes super high.
a possibility as last year a few features in fact sheet were omitted
Old 01-31-2015, 01:10 AM   #650
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Any logical explanation for why no more jersey slots have been added? The answer was always not enough space on ps3, now we've been on ps4 for 2 years and still nothing.

The stadiums with retractable roofs still not having an option to be played in a closed version is a shame, hopefully next year with a full development cycle, it will get in. The thing I don't understand about this is that basically every other game has retractable roofs in it, mlb 2k7 had it. How could they have time to add 10 new minor league stadiums, but not this? What could be so hard about it? Seriously.

No new player models, or at least some new body types or something is also a shame, again hopefully next year, some improvements will be made there, and we can get some better variation in body types between players.

Players not wearing their own jersey in the all star game is pretty lame too, but i guess it's understandable if it's gonna make the game run a lot worse. The thing i don't understand is how some older games had all-stars wearing their teams jersey but it can't be done today.

Still not having a jersey template for the jerseys with the numbers higher up on the back (ie. yankees) ...

As for the issue with the tattoos, don't really believe what's being said, never heard this excuse before on the Show side of these forums until Madden brings it up this year. Now all of a sudden that's the reason. And if that was the case, i doubt 2k or any game would go out of their way to get permission from every tattoo artist to have the tattoos for every single player in the game, that doesn't even seem possible. I feel like some game companies just come up with these reasons and then laugh when people buy it and spread it around as truth.

Anyways...

The fact sheet looks excellent despite these omissions.

The game seems to have made incredible leaps in terms of gameplay and presentation, which have me the most excited i have ever been to play the Show.

Looks like plenty of new animations, plenty of new and better commentary, plenty of new batting stances, pitching deliveries, got the challenge system, graphical improvements, and all of the new accessories sound amazing, especially all of the brands they've added (which people said would never happen because the Show doesn't have the same money as 2k/madden yada yada yada).

All in all, this is obviously going to be the best Show ever made, but hopefully next year, some of these glaring omissions will be dealt with.

Last edited by Factzzz; 01-31-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:11 AM   #651
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
a possibility as last year a few features in fact sheet were omitted
Do they tell us which ones? If so where do they tell us
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2015, 01:48 AM   #652
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguychap
Do they tell us which ones? If so where do they tell us
Intro fly ins? & maybe the amount of unique crowd models, IIRC
Old 01-31-2015, 01:53 AM   #653
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Intro fly ins? & maybe the amount of unique crowd models, IIRC
Intro fly-ins are in MLB 14 it just wasn't what everyone assumed it would be. The only things they scrapped last year was fans catching foul balls and homers. Crowd models weren't scrapped, they just didn't use 1k models as planned.

Since they started releasing fact sheets last year was the only year that they scrapped sonething from the fact sheet. ( as far as I know of )
Old 01-31-2015, 03:15 AM   #654
Banned

The Show still sounds great! However with that being said,I'm very disappointed that you can still only play in the retractable roofs open and not closed! What is the deal with that? I know that has been a huge request from fans to have the option of playing with them closed or open! I'm very disappointed with that! It's not a deal breaker,but it is a huge let down! I wonder if there is ever going to a option for the retractable roof stadiums! Why is so hard for them to add that option! In the past it was because the last gen consoles weren't powerful enough or whatever! What gets me is they have done work to the stadiums doing this and that,but they can't after all of these years and countless requests by the fans my self included! I'm know I'm not in the majority on this either! Is anybody else out there that's disappointed like me? I hope they can give more info on the radio show and franchise mode,and that's another thing,they can put all these gimmicks and bells and whistles,yet they can't put a simple option to either play with the roofs open as well as closed! They have given you the option for years in Madden! Sorry to gripe about this,but it's very frustrating!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:49 AM   #655
Banned

I'm very disappointed they still don't give you the option of playing in the retractable roof stadiums with the roof closed! The upgrade the stadiums with other stuff,yet they can't make the retractable roofs closed and not just open! I know I'm not in the minority when it comes to that issue! I know that's that's a big request of a lot of gamers,yet they still don't after all of these years! How hard is it to do that? Madden has given you the option for quite awhile! It's not a deal breaker. Is anybody else on here that's very disappointed with retractable roof stadiums? Just curious to know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2015, 05:52 AM   #656
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Retractable roofs? # of Uniform slots?
I'm very disappointed with the retractable roof stadiums still not give you the option of playing closed!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »