Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #617
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet

I was re-reading the re-reading the fact sheet and I am curious to see/hear more about the dynamic pitch breaks which allows a more realistic pitch recognition.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-30-2015, 08:05 PM   #618
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
This, and it has nothing to do with disc space.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk
Just to be clear I wasn't saying it did. I was commenting in how ppl were alrdy saying, maybe they can't add this or that to the game possibly due to disk space or memory, which is laughable in both instances at this point.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:13 PM   #619
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

H&V and Bobhead...

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.....this info is already in the save file info

-teams controlled(It only shows the team(s) you control when starting a franchise...
-Save date(actual date)
-time saved
-date in franchise(including year)

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find something to really distinguish them apart.

Here is where I would have the most problems in this area....
Running two franchises w/30 team control(I use it exclusively)...and different teams(one N.L. and one A.L) for example......I constantly have to load the game to see which one it is...
Running two franchises now.....one being my carry over from '14 and a new one that I'll start in '15(which could be solved by adding the STARTING year to the save name)
Running franchise with different rosters(historical for example....there are so many now...that having to load and check to see if its the All-Time roster...the 1987 set...etc is such a pain...starting Year would not help in this case)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-30-2015, 08:15 PM   #620
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
H&V and Bobhead...

-teams controlled(It only shows the team(s) you control when starting a franchise...
-Save date(actual date)
-time saved

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find something to really distinguish them apart.

Running two franchises w/30 team control(I use it exclusively)...and different teams(one N.L. and one A.L) for example......I constantly have to load the game to see which one it is...
Running two franchises now.....one being my carry over from '14 and a new one that I'll start in '15(which could be solved by adding the STARTING year to the save name)
Running franchise with different rosters(historical for example....there are so many now...that having to load and check to see if its the All-Time roster...the 1987 set...etc is such a pain...starting Year would not help in this case)

M.K.
Knight165
You are misunderstanding me.

If you have 30 team control, you're... controlling 30 teams no?

I'm talking about only listing the teams you are "really" controlling.

If you have a 30-team control Mets franchise, you probably have the Mets team assigned to yourself, and the other 29 teams assigned to the CPU. I'd like the save file in that case to only list "New York Mets", instead of alphabetically listing all 30 teams.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:21 PM   #621
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6

Really looking forward to the new hitting system & equipment upgrades. This franchise continues to wow me year after year. INCREDIBLE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 08:29 PM   #622
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead

If you have a 30-team control Mets franchise, you probably have the Mets team assigned to yourself, and the other 29 teams assigned to the CPU. I'd like the save file in that case to only list "New York Mets", instead of alphabetically listing all 30 teams.
How would the cpu differentiate the human controlled teams? You could have multiple profiles.

I know exactly what Knight is referring to, I have a slew of 30 team saves. The rename file would be ideal(although it won't make it in this year)

I usually have to wait for the teams to scroll through on the save file to get to what year and date the franchise is in. Maybe the file could start with the date of the franchise save so Aug. 3rd, 2018...followed by the teams instead of the other way around that it is now.

ALso a tag of the date the file was last saved. So...

File save april 3rd, 2015, Franchise Aug. 3rd, 2018 Atl, Bal......
Old 01-30-2015, 08:32 PM   #623
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
How would the cpu differentiate the human controlled teams? You could have multiple profiles.
Maybe just list the profiles?

So profile1: New York Mets
profile 2: LA Angels, Houston Astros, Oakland Athletics...
Old 01-30-2015, 08:37 PM   #624
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
H&V and Bobhead...

-Save date(actual date)
-time saved

M.K.
Knight165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19

I know exactly what Knight is referring to, I have a slew of 30 team saves. The rename file would be ideal(although it won't make it in this year)

I usually have to wait for the teams to scroll through on the save file to get to what year and date the franchise is in. Maybe the file could start with the date of the franchise save so Aug. 3rd, 2018...followed by the teams instead of the other way around that it is now.

ALso a tag of the date the file was last saved. So...

File save april 3rd, 2015, Franchise Aug. 3rd, 2018 Atl, Bal......
Right. We're all on the same page here.

I'm essentially asking for the teams controlled by the Profile called "CPU" to be ignored by in the save file name. Otherwise it would always list all of the teams and wouldn't have any distinctive elements to it to differentiate it from any other save file.

This is also why I'd like the Franchise in-season date to be prominent in the name as well.

We need something to help those of us with multiple 30 team controlled Franchises distinguish the files from eachother. Currently it lists every team unless I'm mistaken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »