Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2015, 07:24 PM   #609
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Hey Ramone just a quick question. I noticed the tilted cap thing (along with necklaces) was mentioned in the whole emotion system. Will tilted caps be an editable option as well? Or just for SCEA players? Thanks!
Old 01-30-2015, 07:29 PM   #610
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
Hey Ramone just a quick question. I noticed the tilted cap thing (along with necklaces) was mentioned in the whole emotion system. Will tilted caps be an editable option as well? Or just for SCEA players? Thanks!
Sorry the Q&A period is over but well do another one before the first stream.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:39 PM   #611
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Then 2K must be shelling out by the bucketload, as the NBA and WWE guys are all tatted up.

You'd think there would be a legal grey area there, since the players are paying to have the art tattooed on their bodies. If not, then players should get the artists to sign release forms before getting their ink.
And when SCEA makes an NBA or WWE game I'm sure this will be very relevant information...

Until then, do remember that MLB is not owned or operated by Vince McMahon or Adam Silver.

Expecting something to be in The SHow on the basis of a WWE game is akin to expecting something to be legal here in the U.S. because it is legal in Poland.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #612
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I'm thinking the in-game date and year would be a perfect solution. Example: "Franchise File October 2, 2017."

If that can't be done, a number system based on the file's creation date could work as well.

This would ensure people even at the extreme - the ones that always control all 30 teams - would still be able to identify which file is which.

For example, if I create a file on April 1st at 10:30 AM, that would be "Franchise File 1."

If I create another at 11:00 AM, that would be "Franchise File 2."

If I over-write "Franchise File 1" at 11:30 AM because I played a game and saved it, the file itself would always be "Franchise File 1."

Ideally, it would be nice to see which teams we were controlling ONLY in the file name but the system has to account for the fringe players who ALWAYS control all 30 ball clubs. A numbered system could work too.
Ok, I've been continuing to think this through.

What I really want in the title of the save file is the current Franchise date, but somehow having the teams being controlled by the user in the name as well.

To add-on to my first suggestion (having the in-game date in the name), perhaps it could be followed by the teams too?

Example: "Franchise File August 25th, 2018 Baltimore Orioles, LA Dodgers"

I'm not sure how many characters you can use, but perhaps it can start that way, get followed by an ellipses (...), and have the remaining characters be listed in the file information.

Example, "Franchise File August 28th, 2018 Baltimore Orioles, LA Dodgers, San Francisco Gian...."

With the full file name expanding all the teams being controlled under the file information.

You could even use abbreviations for the teams too to conserve space (BAL = Baltimore Orioles, for example).

Anyway, this would perfect for me but I'm not sure how practical it is in your end.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #613
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
And when SCEA makes an NBA or WWE game I'm sure this will be very relevant information...

Until then, do remember that MLB is not owned or operated by Vince McMahon or Adam Silver.

Expecting something to be in The SHow on the basis of a WWE game is akin to expecting something to be legal here in the U.S. because it is legal in Poland.
I'm well aware of who owns what. It was simply a basis of comparison. I wasn't saying The Show absolutely should have tats just because NBA/WWE has them, just that there is a precedent.

Last edited by Turbojugend; 01-30-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:47 PM   #614
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Old 01-30-2015, 07:47 PM   #615
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Ok, I've been continuing to think this through.

What I really want in the title of the save file is the current Franchise date, but somehow having the teams being controlled by the user in the name as well.

To add-on to my first suggestion (having the in-game date in the name), perhaps it could be followed by the teams too?

Example: "Franchise File August 25th, 2018 Baltimore Orioles, LA Dodgers"

I'm not sure how many characters you can use, but perhaps it can start that way, get followed by an ellipses (...), and have the remaining characters be listed in the file information.

Example, "Franchise File August 28th, 2018 Baltimore Orioles, LA Dodgers, San Francisco Gian...."

With the full file name expanding all the teams being controlled under the file information.

You could even use abbreviations for the teams too to conserve space (BAL = Baltimore Orioles, for example).

Anyway, this would perfect for me but I'm not sure how practical it is in your end.
Yeah some sort of representation of the actual human-controlled teams is definitely the #1 preferred option, in my humble opinion. It's a bit disenchanting to go load a Mets franchise and see "Angels, Astros..." in the filename.

And then a in-game date would help distinguish that franchise from maybe a separate Mets franchise where I'm doing a fantasy draft, as well as distinguish back-up saves and such.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 07:50 PM   #616
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Yeah some sort of representation of the actual human-controlled teams is definitely the #1 preferred option, in my humble opinion. It's a bit disenchanting to go load a Mets franchise and see "Angels, Astros..." in the filename.

And then a in-game date would help distinguish that franchise from maybe a separate Mets franchise where I'm doing a fantasy draft, as well as distinguish back-up saves and such.
That's exactly what I'm hoping for too but considering people can change their controlled team(s) at anytime, let's be hopeful the file naming system is flexible enough to accommodate that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »