Home

MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2015, 07:43 PM   #369
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Forgive me... just got home from work. Any explanation on what "Input hitting" is, or do we know anything about it at all?

And any details on the change in ball physics?

This fact list is incredible. I was sold after the first three items. (Actually I was sold like 2 months ago but you know what I mean).
Old 01-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #370
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
Major kuddos to SCEA on their efforts and for all the improvements!! Thanks for the years of great video baseball! I see no mention of added and or enhanced stat tracking yearly and or career wise. Hopefully that doesn't necessarily mean it's not in, but honestly as much as its been asked for over the last couple years I think it would of been mentioned if it was in.
For the life of me I just don't understand why such basic baseball numbers aren't included by now, heck I was surprised it was included in the first release.
With all the detail in effort and results in this series, why in gods name is this still so glaringly lacking?
If this is something that can't be added or won't be for whatever reason hopefully it will be mentioned.
It is not in this year but it is a top priority for 16.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #371
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Thanks for the input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #372
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
Thanks for the input.
I screwed up yet again. This is the no.1 priority on the franchise list. Just reread thread and found it.

Last edited by redsox4evur; 01-29-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #373
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I am simply in a joyous state right now. I have been digesting the fact sheet and really pouring over the sheer amount of new and improved/enhanced features.

So here we go.

1. Advanced AI logic results in outfielders taking more realistic routes to the ball - This is huge. I can't wait to see this in action

2. Upgraded motion system allows for dynamic speed matching from run to catch to throw- Again another major improvement that will make the game even more mind-blowing with realistic flow and animations that will play this out.

3. User controlled cut offs - Finally in and been hoping for this. I want to give manual fielding a real shot this year and this gives me hope that fielding will be ultra intuitive and vastly improved.

4. All new slide and tag system - Finally as this has been a small sore spot for me.

5. New speed paradigm for fielders and base runners - Oh yes baby!

6. Enhanced ball physics for pop ups, fly balls, and shots into the gap - 14 was a great improvement....now it will be next gen good!!!!

7 Dynamic pitch breaks: Allows for more realistic pitch recognition when batting - This has massive potential. Not that I could not read pitches but any improvement in this area is only a positive!

8. New situational base covering intelligence allows for new animations to play when a player has time or is in a hurry to get to his base. - Again I think this screams we are getting the most realistic console baseball game ever made.

9. More than 70 new situational third out fielding animations - I am pumped to see these play out!!!

10. Directional Hitting Interface (PS3, PS4, VITA) Featured for the first time in MLB 15 The Show is the new Directional Hitting interface, which allows you to influence the direction of your hits in real-time while you swing. Using the L-Stick, you can attempt to influence fly balls, ground balls, pushed hits, pulled hits, or any of those in combination. The most success will be had by swinging at pitches that are conducive to the hit direction you are aiming for. Outside pitches are better for hitting to the opposite field, while inside pitches are best for pulling. If no direction is pressed with the L-Stick, it’s just like using the old Timing Hitting interface. Like never before, Directional Hitting allows you to play into each hitter’s strengths and utilize the strategies of proper situational hitting. - I am so pumped for this I can't begin to tell you. I love having more control at the plate and I am a timed hitting guy...this just made it my day reading that the mechanic is very similar to MVP 2005 which I thought was great. Huge feature for me. I love being able to now inside out a pitch with the right hitter (who has the ratings to do it), being able to slap hits the other way (again with the right hitter to do it)...just huge.

11. Franchise Mode Refresh (PS4, PS3, VITA)
With the addition of General Manager Contracts, you now have to consider Ownership Expectations when running your team, and your performance will determine the job offers that come your way. Building a championship-caliber team is more fun and dynamic than ever before, with the new Performance-based Player Progression, as well as much improved Trade and Contract logic. Partner up with Brand Sponsors, giving your broadcast elements an official sponsor and earn some extra dough to spend on your team. - GM Contracts!! Performance based progression!!! Brand Sponsor partnerships and it ties in to your broadcast elements to earn extra revenue!!! Gentlemen we are getting next gen deep now....gotta love this!

12. Players and teams get Personality: Aesthetics and Emotion (PS4 & PS3 Only)
Players on the field get improvements to show their individuality. (Necklaces, Tilted caps, etc..) Real-time situational/emotional AI scenes (dugouts, crowd, etc..) have also been added, and more Team and Player celebrations. - This is really awesome to read. I loved Maddens massive improvement with their emotion engine of M15....I can only imagine how nice The Show is going to pull this off.

13. “Inside The Show” News Suite (PS4, partial PS3)
Franchise, RTTS, and Season modes all feature a new suite of features centered on providing news updates from around the league. Inside The Show is a new radio broadcast that will be heard at the beginning of each new day and will discuss recent scores, notable performances, team news, milestones, records, standings, and more. - This has me giddy like a school boy....we are getting some long overdue and much needed IMMERSION inside our franchise mode. Now every day in franchise/RTTS/Season mode we will have up to date scores, hot players, team news standings....we are getting quick pitch on the radio folks....so we can sit an listen to this while we assign training, scout players, set lineups, study stats....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. New Slide Step System (PS4 & PS3 Only)
Perform a slide step while pitching to combat pitchers with a slow delivery to the plate, or runners who consistently get great jumps. This “game within a game” creates a risk/reward factor when performing a slide step. The pitcher will now have less control and slightly less velocity when a slide step is executed, but will be quicker to the plate. As a runner, you now have to worry about your opponent using a slide step when you are attempting a steal. - YES!!!! I taught my son the slide step this past fall...it is critical for high kick pitchers so they can hold runners at bay and give their catchers a better shot at gunning down a would be base stealer. So real it's unreal on full display here folks!

15. Presentation Improvements
(PS4)

Dynamic stat based presentations - Oh yeah we have been pining for this!
Split screen functionality - Broadcast elements are next gen here can't wait to see it!!
Real-time situational/emotional AI scenes (dugouts, crowd, etc.) - Curious how great this may be!!!
All-new Jumbotron movies - SWEEET!
More Team and Player celebrations - More is always better in this department!

16. Play-by-Play, Commentary, and PA Improvements
(PS3 & PS4 Only)

Improved strike zone accuracy with new pitch locations for on-the-black calls and borderline balls & strikes
Improved hit call accuracy through new field zone locations and deeper parameter logic
Improved runner rounding base and runner scoring content for more exciting big-play calls
Improved deep fly ball logic that allows more diverse calls on potential home runs, and prevents the user from hearing calls that give away the play result before it occurs
Improved foul ball logic to allow for open-ended play-by-play on playable or nearly playable balls, prevents user from hearing calls that give away the result
New batter introductions and pitch result content for the new skip batter walkup system (speeds up gameplay, tightens play-by-play)
New system for handling safe result calls that includes proper acknowledgement of the runner’s slide type
New conversations with color commentary that remember and discuss the team’s recent record
New conversations with color commentary that highlight the impact of important double plays
New PA batter introductions and content for the new Home Run Derby format
New batter introductions that call out the three part stat line for Average, Home Runs, and RBI’s on the year
New create-a-player first and last names
New play by play and color commentary content for the manager challenge system
Over 1,700 new lines of play-by-play content
Over 1,400 new lines of color commentary

I am freaking getting really horny now......this list of presentation improvements is massive.....just massive and IMO will blow us away this year. I know these guys are going to knock the cover off the ball and deliver the very best console baseball game to date.

So there we have it. And yet so many other tidbits to look forward to. But I am just overwhelmed with joy. I think of how much I love MLB 14 and how much I play The Show.....and I am happy to say the very best is yet to come. This will be a game for the ages.....that's my prediction.

March 31st.......the countdown has officially begun.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 01-29-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #374
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Armor & Sword the countdown actually began December 17th of last year...
Old 01-29-2015, 07:56 PM   #375
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Just got done reading the fact sheet and I'm real excited for this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 07:59 PM   #376
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

*Reads fact sheet*

uploadfromtaptalk1422579555969.jpg

Sent From My Galaxy S7

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »