Home

Operation Sports Podcast #3: Previewing MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Podcast #3: Previewing MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
I'm not sure how promising this sounds and I'm afraid they'yr going down Madden's route. Madden used to be a first day automatic purchase on the PS2 but come the PS3 it was terrible. I hope The Show doesn't follow suit but it sounds like it may...
This might be the most out of touch with reality posts i've ever seen, you don't have a clue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
I can guarantee you I'm not. I've bought the show every year since 2010 on day one and I love it but I'm starting to see a trend where not much is changing. When you have the exact same player models and hear the same things form the commentary from 5 years ago, it's worrisome.
You don't know what you are talking about...also, the show already plays about as real as a baseball game can, to compare it to madden which still doesn';t even get the basics right like penalties, WR/DB interactions, stats..... You sound like a troll.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:42 AM   #27
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Operation Sports Podcast #3: Previewing MLB 15 The Show

I wouldn't dare compare it to Madden as it does appear that the Show developers are listening and working hard on the game every year. I do think that the general crowd here on OS gives the game passes on many aspects because the gameplay is so damn good. I've been pretty disappointed in recent efforts with regards to presentation, commentary and online play. Looking forward to seeing how much work went into offline franchise mode.

I'm also curious to see if any changes to fielder speed was done. The past 3 years or so, almost all slider sets seem to knock the fielder run speed down to 0-2.

Operation Sports OOTP League

Last edited by ty5oke; 01-29-2015 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:07 AM   #28
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

We're at the point now where true revolutionary sports games will come once a generation.

Like someone said, the sport doesn't change so the game doesn't need to be built from the ground up every single time.

People just think they are cool when they say 'MLB 14.5' or some asinine rubbish like it.

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0
Old 01-29-2015, 08:29 AM   #29
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I'm not sure how promising this sounds and I'm afraid they'yr going down Madden's route. Madden used to be a first day automatic purchase on the PS2 but come the PS3 it was terrible. I hope The Show doesn't follow suit but it sounds like it may...
I can see why you feel this way, but the Show is in no way following Madden's trend that occured from the PS2 Xbox to the PS3 360.

MLB the show is so damn solid , that I cant really see it getting any better, so what can they actually do in MLB 15 that would warrant me to buy the game again? Im not doing it for a roster upgrade. MLB 14 is very solid for me.

I can see this being a issue as to why anyone should purchase 15, but not because the series is getting bad. That makes no sense. They just made this product so good. That they pretty much hit the ceilling. What else can they really do?

The team behind MLB the show may need to do this game in a 2 or 3 year cycle, and take on another sports genre to fill in the void. Maybe like a NBA game, since the NFL is out of the question for now.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:33 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Probably a couple of CG guys doing a bad Kung Fu lip synch. Probably stats on the screen don't really see the point of it all.

What? No chance.....I can almost garuntee it will be much like "The Tony Bruno Show" from madden years ago. You will basically hear the radio show in the background as you go through the menus in franchise.

I thought that was awesome in Madden back in the day.....added a little flavor
Old 01-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I can see this being a issue as to why anyone should purchase 15, but not because the series is getting bad. That makes no sense. They just made this product so good. That they pretty much hit the ceilling. What else can they really do?

The team behind MLB the show may need to do this game in a 2 or 3 year cycle, and take on another sports genre to fill in the void. Maybe like a NBA game, since the NFL is out of the question for now.
1. With the new console, their development capabilities are now wide open again, they may have hit the PS3's ceiling, but their still at the bottom of PS4's ladder with no where to go but up. (Remember how much better the game got visually and gameplay wise from the start of PS3 to end of PS3?, Hell, The Show was a HUGE leap from 07 to 08 alone!)

2. Sony had a NBA game back in the day, 2K crushed it (honestly crushed it, not crushed it with licenses) :P So that's no bueno.

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 01-29-2015 at 08:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 09:00 AM   #32
MVP

Plus, mlb is a year to year game. I never play my old game once the new one is out, because the teams change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »