Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Super Bowl is Coming Edition

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Super Bowl is Coming Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Fact or Fiction: Super Bowl is Coming Edition

Its the Seahawks and the Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX in Glendale, Arizona next Sunday evening.

But before we get there, we took a bit of time to put a few of the staff writers on the hotseat to discuss the Madden NFL series, whether it can compete for sports game of the year next year, and what the most pressing need for the game is.

Let's see their responses (and add yours in the comments below!):

Read More - OS Fact or Fiction: Super Bowl is Coming Edition
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
DB/WR interactions are needed but there are a lot more gameplay improvements that are needed as well. Player movement & animations need to be more natural. The game needs to be cleaned up mainly post play with players fusing/morphing together too many times (players walking/ghosting through players lying on the field after the play kills the immersion). Physics needs to play a bigger role with weight, strength & momentum. We need different running styles/moves for players so every player doesn't animate the same way. We need more catching animations (body catches). Cpu AI still isn't where it needs to be. RB's need to run more aggressively & fight for every yard. I could go on & on....Presentation needs to be massively improved (in game updates & highlights from around the league, etc..) Living Worlds while slightly improved is still not close to being where it needs to be (Player names on sideline players jerseys, cheerleaders, mascots, etc..)

Madden 15 was a nice step in the right direction with this being the 3rd year into this gen, I expect Madden 16 to take a huge step & finally deliver a true Next Gen game!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Thumbs down Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Super Bowl is Coming Edition

With EA's track record with the Madden series I would have to speculate that there is absolutely a NEGATIVE 100% CHANCE that the 2016 title will even come close to receiving any sort of award whatsoever except for the devs giving each other spirited high fives despite knowing that they just released yet another pathetic failure of a sports game.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:20 PM   #4
Banned

Overtime should be simple: Play out a 15min quarter in its entirety the same way as the other quarters are played. Im not a big fan of ties either but I love more football and the playoffs could go to sudden death after the 1st overtime.

Seattle will not win the Super Bowl but hey they are lucky Green Bay didnt feel like going this year!

Madden needs more than just DB help! For me its mostly having a deep, better thought out franchise mode that is separate from choosing a player, coach, owner!

Unless madden is a completely rethought out brand new game then imo madden it has no chance for sgoy!

No excuse not to have unlimited plays, custom plays, ect ect. The whole game should be fully customizable!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Chris currently neither team is favored, look it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2015, 11:35 PM   #6
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
So much needed in this game to even begin to talk about. But I will say add player profiles that shows the players true Careers. Meaning I should b able to look at each player award history along side of his career stats. It's should tell u if that player has won a Superbowl and how many probowls with each year it was won. Put MVP of that Superbowl on his award history too if he won it. Injury system needs to b added so real time Injuries r needed.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:48 PM   #7
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Penalties need the biggest overhaul!
Old 01-23-2015, 05:20 AM   #8
Rookie

saybur's Arena

Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Super Bowl is Coming Edition

Let us edit players, at least their appearance, in CCM! We're tired of having ridiculous looking players coming out of the draft!

I don't see the game getting better without working penalties and receivers actually fighting for the ball(WR/DB interactions I guess). I've been playing since release and still haven't seen one PI or defensive holding called. How many were called in the NFL this year?

Can't have any more problems like the broken stats early on or the sack problem we still have. Also many of us still suffer from a lot of crashes and are unable to resume game saves of in progress games.

This is what it'll take for me to call M16 an improvement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »